|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (November 2011)|
|Stable release||1.13 / May 16, 2009|
|License||MIT License, Boost Software License|
RapidXml is a very fast and stable XML DOM-style parser written in C++. It is aimed primarily at embedded environments, computer games, or any other applications where available memory or CPU processing power comes at a premium. RapidXml is dual-licensed under the MIT license and the Boost Software License, and its source code is freely available.
- Parsing speed (including DOM tree building) approaching speed of strlen function executed on the same data. On a modern CPU (as of 2008) the parser throughput is about 1 billion characters per second. See Performance section in the Online Manual.
- Small memory footprint of the code and created DOM trees.
- Configurable memory allocation.
- A headers-only implementation, simplifying the integration process.
- Simple license that allows use for almost any purpose, both commercial and non-commercial, without any obligations.
- Supports UTF-8 and partially UTF-16, UTF-32 encodings.
- Portable source code with no dependencies other than a very small subset of C++ Standard Library. This subset is so small that it can be easily emulated manually if use of standard library is undesired.
- The parser ignores DOCTYPE declarations.
- There is no support for XML namespaces.
- The parser does not check for character validity.
- The interface of the parser does not conform to DOM specification.
- The parser does not check for attribute uniqueness.
- Primary XML parser for Boost.PropertyTree library
- TouchFLO 3D user interface used in some of HTC mobile devices, such as HTC Touch Diamond
- Sid Meier's Civilization V
- Hitman Absolution