Rapids Water Park
|Location||6566 North Military Trail, Riviera Beach, Florida, U.S.|
|Operated by||Premier Parks, LLC|
|General Manager||Bryan Megrath |
|Visitors per annum||400,000 |
|Area||25 acres (100,000 m2)|
The park includes a wave pool (up to six-foot waves), thirty-five water slides, including dual seven-story speed slides, and a quarter mile lazy river. There are also slides for children and toddlers.
The park was founded in 1979, on 4 acres (16,000 m2) of land with four water slides. It has since grown to 30 acres (120,000 m2), housing 35 slides, among other water-related attractions. In 2009, the park bought 2.2 acres (8,900 m2) just north of the park for $2.2 million.
In 2000, Miami born rapper, Trina shot her video "Pull Over" at the Park.
The park appears in the film Donnie Brasco during the water park scene.
The park's website breaks the intensity of their rides and attractions into three categories:
The most intense rides includes:
- Big Thunder - A dark ProSlide Tornado with a funnel at the end. The funnel is open, 60 feet (18 m) in diameter and 55 feet (17 m) in length.
- Black Thunder - Another ProSlide Tornado slide, taking place completely in the dark.
- Raging Rapids - Four-rider raft slide.
- Riptide Raftin' - Five-rider raft slide.
- Brain Drain - Dual trapdoor water slide with a seven-story tall drop, 8 seconds long.
Rides and attractions designed for all ages includes:
- Baby Blue - Single rider.
- Big Red - Single or two-rider raft.
- Body Blasters - Two dark slides, 1,000 feet (300 m) long.
- Old Yellar - The park's original four open-air water slides. Single-rider.
- Pirate's Plunge - Two speed slides;
- Tubin' Tornadoes - Two single- or double-rider raft dark slides.
Child- and family-friendly rides and areas includes:
- Alligator Alley - A smaller-scale version of Criss Crossing.
- Big Surf - A 25,000 square feet (2,300 m2) wave pool.
- Criss Crossing - A pool guests can attempt to jump across using slippery, floating objects and an over-head net.
- FlowRider - continuous 35mph simulated wave pool.
- Lazy River - A lazy river ride that can be used for transportation around the park.
- Splash Hill - Eight slides, including two racing slides and two dark slides.
- Splish Splash Lagoon - Three family slides and play pools.
- BareFootin' Bay-This new water play structure is packed with interactive features like sprayers,3 slides and a giant pineapple tipping bucket to make a super splash below
In Popular Culture
- "Wet'n'Wild Phoenix, Hawaii to Add accesso eCommerce, Mobile Ticketing" (Press release). Premier Parks LLC. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Bennett, Bruce. A bummer of a summer for local teens seeking work. The Palm Beach Post. Ret 7-30-2010.
- Ostrowski, Jeff. Rapids Water Park gets new landlord, new operator, but no other changes for now. Palm Beach Post. 7-3-2012.
- Ostrowski, Jeff. What economic slide? Water park buys site. The Palm Beach Post. Ret 7-30-2010.
- Streeter, Leslie Gray. The Ultimate Jersey Girl Contest Launched to Counter Image of Jersey Shore. The Palm Beach Post. Ret 7-30-2010.
- Danica Patrick Connects With Fans At Rapids Water Park 30th Anniversary Celebrations. Auto Racing Daily. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- "GOTH | DAY | OUT". 2016-01-05. Retrieved 2016-07-20.