Rappahannock Community College
|President||Elizabeth H. Crowther|
|Mascot||Squall (a seagull) Teams named "Gulls"|
Rappahannock Community College (abbreviated form: RCC) is a two-year college located in Virginia. It has two campuses - one located in Glenns, and one in Warsaw. There are four off-campus sites—one in Kilmarnock, one in King George, one in King William County and the most recent site — opened in 2015 — in New Kent County. The institution is one of the twenty-three colleges in the Virginia Community College System. It mostly serves students living on the Middle Peninsula and the Northern Neck, but it also has students from other parts of southeastern Virginia. RCC offers associate degrees, certificates, career studies certificates, dual enrollment credit, non credit programs and lifelong learning credits.
RCC serves the following 12 counties in the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula regions: King George, Westmoreland, Richmond, Northumberland, Essex, Lancaster, King and Queen, Gloucester, Mathews, Middlesex, King William and New Kent. The footprint of the service region of RCC is roughly the size of the State of Delaware.
Credit and degree-awarding programs
RCC offers many different degree and certificate programs. The degree-seeking student, hoping to transfer to a four-year institution can get into the following types of programs:
- Arts and Sciences
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Psychology/Social Work
- Sustainable Science
- Teacher Education (PreK-8)
Those students who wish to earn an associate degree and begin work, can take courses and achieve one in the following areas of study:
- Administration of Justice
- ADN Nursing
- Business Management
- Fire Science Technology
- General Engineering Technology
- Horticulture Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
RCC offers 21 Career Studies Certificates in the following areas:
- Computer Applications Specialist
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Culinary Arts
- Culinary Arts – Advanced
- EMS – Intermediate
- EMT – Advanced
- EMT – Emergency Medical Technician
- Game Design and Development
- HVAC – Advanced
- Industrial Electricity / Electronics
- Infant and Toddler Care
- Nurse Aide
- Pre-Medical Lab Tech
- Pre-Practical Nursing
- Web Design
RCC's certificate program is able to offer the following programs:
- Administrative Support Technology
- General Education
- Law Enforcement
- Practical Nursing
RCC has Dual Enrollment agreements with most local high school systems to offer college-level courses that can be taken at the college or the high school location. Dual Enrollment courses enable students to take courses at RCC while enrolled in high school and provide college level educational opportunities.
RCC's Workforce and Community Development Center offers cost effective, flexible, comprehensive and responsive programs designed around business, industry and education needs. The RCC Workforce course offerings fall into these categories:
- Agriculture, Food And Natural Resources
- Architecture And Construction
- Business & Professional Development
- Communication And Information Technology
- Health And Safety
- Personal Enrichment
- Former New Kent High School, the site of the New Kent campus
- "Campuses + Sites - Rappahannock Community College". Rappahannock Community College. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- "Academics - Rappahannock Community College". Rappahannock Community College. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- "Dual Enrollment at RCC". Rappahannock Community College. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- "Workforce - Rappahannock Community College". Rappahannock Community College. Retrieved 2016-01-29.