|Birth name||Anthony H. Fort|
|Also known as||4-Tay|
|Born||March 2, 1968|
|Origin||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Hip hop, g-funk|
Noo Trybe/Virgin/EMI Records
|Associated acts||2Pac, DJ King Assassin, Timos, LiL' Gang$ta, MC Breed, Too Short, Mac Dre,|
Right after high school, 4-Tay made his debut on the Too Short album Life Is...Too Short. He was later convicted on drug charges and served ten months in prison. Upon his release from prison he released his debut album Rappin' 4-Tay Is Back in 1991, and followed up in 1994 with Don't Fight the Feelin', which included the hits "Playaz Club" (which sampled the song "Private Number" by William Bell and Judy Clay and hit #36 on the Billboard Hot 100), the "Dank Season" featuring Seff Tha Gaffla, and "I'll Be Around" (which hit #39 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #1 in New Zealand ).
Rappin' 4-Tay's mainstream success has been scarce since then, but he was featured in 2Pac's All Eyez on Me album on the track "Only God Can Judge Me" in 1996 and Master P's West Coast Bad Boyz II compilation in 1997. 4-Tay was also an original member of Bay Area supergroup T.W.D.Y. in 1999.
In 2003 Rappin' 4-Tay released the album Gangsta Gumbo with the single "Burning, Burning", followed up by the album That's What You Thought in 2007.
In 2013, he headlined the main stage of Seattle Hempfest with artists The IInterCepTerz, Ditch, Tony Tag, Brian Meyers & More.
- 1991: Rappin' 4-Tay is Back
- 1994: Don't Fight the Feelin'
- 1996: Off Parole
- 1997: 4 Tha Hard Way
- 1998: Bigga Than Da Game
- 1999: Derty Werk (with T.W.D.Y.)
- 1999: Introduction to Mackin
- 2003: Gangsta Gumbo
- 2007: That's What You Thought
- 2011: Still Standing
- 2011: Where Is The Love?
- California Births, 1905 - 1995, Anthony H. Fort
- allmusic ((( Rappin' 4-Tay > Biography )))
- "RAPPIN' 4-TAY FEAT. THE SPINNERS - I'LL BE AROUND (SONG)". Charts.org.nz. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- Picture A Nigga (ft Rappin' 4-Tay)
- Rappin' 4-Tay Presents: LiL' Gang$ta
- THE ROCK aka ALCATRAZ National Park Service