Type of site
|Online Magazine: news, interviews, album reviews, articles, videos, and more...|
|Owner||Philip Rood, Chad Horton|
|Created by||Philip Rood|
|Launched||September 1, 2003|
|87,212 (April 2014[update])|
Rapzilla is a Christian hip hop online magazine, the top Christian hip hop website. The website contains many sections such as latest news, album reviews, articles, interviews, music downloads, videos, release dates, and columns. Rapzilla is known for its up-to-date news.
The website's goal is to cover quality Christian hip hop music and bring more exposure to the scene.
Rapzilla was created in 2003 by Philip Rood, a fifteen-year-old missionary child living in Belgium. Shortly afterward, he made contact with Chad Horton, who ran a similar Christian hip hop site called Hip Hop for theSoul, and the two decided to merge their efforts.
According to website co-owner Chad Horton, reviews by Rapzilla include an averaged rating by the staff in order to weight against any bias by a particular reviewer. Also, any albums that rate lower than 3 or 3.5 are usually not reviewed unless they are highly popular.
Awards & Highlights
- 2008 Rapzilla's creator receives an Honoree Award, Holy Hip Hop Awards 2008 
- "Rapzilla.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Vincent Funaro (5 January 2012). "Christian Hip-Hop: The Future of Christian Music?". Christian Post. Christian Post. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Digital Download: Rapzilla's Cutting Edge Mission". CBN. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- Horton, Chad (July 20, 2012). "Comment on KB 'Weight & Glory' Review" (Web). Rapzilla. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- Holy Hip Hop Awards