|Birth name||Shaul Marie Guerrero|
October 14, 1990 |
El Paso, Texas, United States
|Residence||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|Alma mater||New Mexico State University|
|Spouse(s)||Aiden English (m. 2016)|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Shaul Guerrero
|Billed height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Billed from||El Paso, Texas|
|Trained by||Florida Championship Wrestling
WWE Performance Center
|Debut||February 11, 2011|
|Retired||April 30, 2014|
Shaul Marie Rehwoldt (née Guerrero) (born October 14, 1990) is an American singer, model, professional wrestling valet, and former professional wrestler. She is best known for her time with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), where she performed under the ring name Raquel Diaz.
In October 2010, Guerrero signed a developmental contract with WWE, and was assigned to Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), WWE's developmental territory. In November 2011, Guerrero became the Queen of FCW, a title she held for 119 days, until it was deactivated. In December 2011, Guerrero won the FCW Divas Championship for the first time, and became the longest reigning FCW Divas Champion. In July 2012, Guerrero debuted in WWE's re-branded developmental territory, WWE NXT, before leaving the company in April 2014.
Guerrero was born in El Paso, Texas and is the eldest daughter of Vickie Guerrero and the late Eddie Guerrero. Guerrero has a younger sister named Sherilyn Amber Guerrero, and a half-sister named Kaylie Marie Guerrero. Prior to joining WWE, Guerrero was a singer and a model while attending New Mexico State University. She has sung the national anthem at Florida Championship Wrestling events.
Professional wrestling career
World Wrestling Entertainment / WWE
Florida Championship Wrestling (2010–2012)
In October 26, 2010, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) signed Guerrero to a developmental contract, and she was assigned to Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), WWE's developmental territory, based in Tampa, Florida. She made her debut in December 2010, appearing at ringside for a FCW Divas Championship match between AJ Lee and Naomi Knight. She made her in-ring debut at the February 11, 2011, television tapings under the ring name Raquel Diaz, where she and Naomi lost a tag team match to AJ and Aksana. She briefly acted as the manager for Alexander Rusev, before joining The Ascension faction, with Conor O'Brian, Kenneth Cameron, and Tito Colon, all of whom she began managing.
On the November 17 episode of FCW TV, Diaz defeated Aksana to become the new Queen of FCW. A month later, on the December 15 episode of FCW TV, Diaz defeated Audrey Marie to win the FCW Divas Championship, holding both the championship and the crown simultaneously. She retained the championship against Marie and Sofia Cortez, before FCW General Manager Summer Rae deactivated the Queen of FCW crown, leaving Diaz as the last champion, with her reign ending at 119 days. Diaz again defeated Audrey Marie to retain the championship in April. After losing a triple threat match to Paige in May, Diaz defended and successfully retained the championship against Paige by disqualification. Diaz lost the FCW Divas Championship on June 29 during a live event to Caylee Turner, ending her reign at 197 days.
WWE went on to re-brand FCW into WWE NXT, taped at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida. Diaz's NXT television debut took place on the July 18, 2012, episode of NXT under the character of an "ultra diva" on an "exfoliating ugliness tour", and defeated Paige in a singles match. As part of her new character, she began drawing "L"s on the foreheads of other Divas after defeating them. On September 27, 2012, it was reported that Guerrero had requested and been granted a release from her developmental contract. Guerrero confirmed her departure from WWE three days later.
In September 2013, Guerrero returned to WWE's developmental territory. At this time, it was reported that she was never officially released, but was given a leave of absence to attend school. On April 30, 2014, it was reported that WWE had released Guerrero, with her failing to appear on television during her second run with the company. In August 2014, Guerrero stated that she left WWE due to an ongoing eating disorder.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- Wrestlers managed
Championships and accomplishments
- Guerrero, Eddie. Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story, p. 67.
- "Raquel Diaz: Profile & Match Listing". The Internet Wrestling Database.
- "Raquel Diaz on Twitter!". Twitter.
- "WWE NXT Superstar gets married to Vickie Guerrero's daughter Shaul". PWMania.com. January 3, 2016. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Raquel Diaz". Florida Championship Wrestling. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- Martin, Adam (June 9, 2011). "Identity of FCW ring announcer on "Tough Enough"". WrestleView. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- Martin, Adam (March 26, 2011). "Indy News #3: WWE's FCW, TWA, FUW and AWF". WrestleView. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- Martin, Adam (February 20, 2011). "Guerrero family member makes pro wrestling debut". WrestleView. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- "7/8 FCW results in Gainesville, Fla.: Second detailed report on Morrison, Team Black vs. Team Moxley, FCW injury updates, no Melina". Pro Wrestling Torch. July 9, 2011. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- Namako, Jason (November 14, 2011). "FCW Results – 11/14/11". WrestleView. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- "Champions Roll Call". Florida Championship Wrestling. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- Trionfo, Richard. "COMPLETE FCW TELEVISION TAPING SPOILERS FOR APRIL". Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Martin, Adam. "FCW Results – 4/15/12". WrestleView. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- Diva Dirt, Bobby. "FCW Watch (May 6th, 2012): Raquel Diaz vs. Audrey Marie vs. Paige". Diva Dirt. Diva Dirt. Retrieved May 14, 2012.[unreliable source]
- Namako, Jason (May 31, 2012). "FCW Results – 5/27/12". WrestleView. Retrieved June 8, 2012.
- "FCW Florida Heavyweight Title history". Wrestling-Titles.com. Retrieved June 22, 2009.
- "New FCW Divas Champion Crowned". Diva Dirt. Retrieved June 30, 2012.[unreliable source?]
- "WWE News: FCW name being phased out". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 7/18 – Week 5: Gabriel vs. Slater main event, Steamboat, Vickie's daughter, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Chiverton, George. "CHIVERTON'S WEEKLY NXT RANKINGS & EVALUATION 7/18 – First ranking of new Rookies". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
As for her gimmick, despite being invested in her "exfoliating ugliness" tour, it does smell a little like Beautiful People mark two. We'll see where the "Ultra Diva" goes from here
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 8/1: NXT Title tournament begins with Rollins, Steamboat, McIntyre". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "NXT Watch (August 23rd, 2012): Sofia Cortez Faces Tamina in Her Final NXT Bout; Raquel Makes a Statement". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved August 23, 2012.[unreliable source]
- Martin, Adam (September 27, 2012). "Daughter of Hall of Famer requests release from WWE". WrestleView. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- Caldwell, James (September 28, 2012). "Vickie Guerrero's daughter reportedly leaves WWE Developmental". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- Gerweck, Steve (September 30, 2012). "Shaul Guerrero comments on her WWE departure". WrestleView. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "Jim Ross making headlines, Chikara/ROH star on SmackDown,Darren Young on Ellen and more WWE news". PWInsider. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- Meltzer, Dave. "Thurs. update: Crockett Promotions special, New Japan PPV match, Kurt Angle, Mid South DVD, WWE advertising this week, SI on Tate, UFC vs. WWE head-to-head, Ratings, Miz promoting and more". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Former Nexus Member, Second Generation Diva and more released by WWE". PWInsider. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- Scherer, Dave. "Rey Mysterio update; Shaul Guerrero talks about why she left developmental, Ricardo Rodriguez can't wait for 90 days to end and more". PWInsider. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "FCW Watch (May 6th, 2012): Raquel Diaz vs. Audrey Marie vs. Paige". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved May 6, 2012.[unreliable source]
- "NXT Watch (July 19th, 2012): Tamina and Kaitlyn Report to New NXT, Raquel Diaz Begins Exfoliating Ugliness Tour". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved July 19, 2012.[unreliable source]
- "Complete FCW television taping spoilers for April". Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "NXT Watch (August 1st, 2012): Latina Heat Faces the Country Queen". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved August 1, 2012.[unreliable source]
- "FCW Watch (February 12th, 2012): Raquel Diaz vs Audrey Marie". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved February 12, 2012.[unreliable source]
- "FCW Watch (April 15th, 2012): Audrey Marie vs. Raquel Diaz & More". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved May 1, 2012.[unreliable source]
- "FCW Watch (February 5th, 2012): Kaitlyn & Audrey Marie vs Raquel Diaz & Sofia Cortez". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved February 5, 2012.[unreliable source]
- "FCW Watch (May 20th & 27th, 2012): Raquel Diaz vs. Paige (Divas Championship)". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved May 27, 2013.[unreliable source]