|No. 37 Carolina Panthers|
|Date of birth:||May 9, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Chesapeake, Virginia|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 33|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
Ras-I Luis Dowling (ROS-eye; born May 9, 1988) is an American football safety for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Virginia. He has also spent time with the New York Jets and Oakland Raiders.
Dowling was born in Chesapeake, Virginia. He attended Deep Creek High School in Chesapeake, where he played defensive back, wide receiver and some quarterback. As a senior he recorded 60 tackles and two interceptions as a defensive back. As a receiver he had 14 receptions for 255 yards and four touchdowns.
Dowling attended the University of Virginia. As a freshman in 2007, Dowling played in 12 games recording 44 tackles and two interceptions. As a sophomore in 2008 he started nine of 11 games. He finished the season with 43 tackles and a team leading three interceptions. In 2009 Ras-I Dowling was voted All-ACC second team. He was also awarded ACC Defensive Player of the week vs. Indiana with nine tackles and the first sack of his career. He ended the season with three interceptions. Dowling was voted 2010 Pre-season All-ACC selection and second team All-American for the first time in his career.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 1 3/8 in||198 lb||4.40 s||1.47 s||2.53 s||N/A in||19 reps||N/A|
|All values from NFL Draft Scout|
New England Patriots
Dowling played 2 games for the Patriots in the 2011 season before injuring his hip in Week 2 against San Diego. On October 29, 2011 the Patriots placed him on Injured Reserve, ending his 2011 season.
On October 26, 2012, Dowling was placed on injured reserve with a torn thigh muscle, ending his 2012 season. On August 28, 2013, the Patriots released Dowling as part of their roster cutdown to 75 players.
New York Jets
On September 1, 2015, he was released by the Raiders.
- Yates, Field. "Patriots waive Ras-I Dowling". ESPN Boston. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Ras-I Dowling, DS #6 CB, Virginia". 2011-03-09. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Wilson, Aaron (23 October 2013). "Jets sign Ras-I Dowling". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 24 October 2013. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Lange, Randy (August 24, 2014). "Jets Release 6 to Get to 75 Players". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 24, 2014. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Smith, Michael David (December 13, 2014). "Ras-I Dowling added to Raiders’ 53-player roster". NBCSports.com. Retrieved November 30, 2015.
- Durkin, Jimmy (September 1, 2015). "Raiders place Watson on injured reserve". Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved September 3, 2015.
- Strickland, Bryan (November 23, 2015). "Silatolu out for season; Norwell set to return". Panthers.com. Retrieved November 30, 2015.