RasGas Company Limited is a liquefied natural gas (LNG) producing company in Qatar. It is the second-biggest LNG producer in Qatar after Qatargas. RasGas operates seven LNG trains located in Ras Laffan Industrial City.
RasGas also operates helium plants which produce 25% of the world's helium, and make Qatar the second largest helium exporter.
The company's seven LNG trains have a total capacity of 36.3 million tonnes of LNG per year. Trains 1 and 2 are owned by Ras Laffan, and they have a combined capacity of 6.6 million tonnes of LNG per year. Ras Laffan (II) owns Trains 3, 4 and 5 with a capacity of 4.7 million tonnes of LNG per annum each. Trains 6 and 7 are owned by Ras Laffan (3). The Train 6 came online in October 2009, and was inaugurated on 27 October 2009. Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, the Emir of Qatar, attended the ceremony. The Train 7 started production in February 2010. Both train produces 7.8 million tonnes of LNG per year and they among the largest LNG trains in the world.
RasGas operates Helium 1 and Helium 2 helium plants. Helium 1 produces 660 million cubic feet per annum (19×106 m3/a) of liquid helium, which is approximately 10 percent of the world's total helium production. Helium 2 is the world's largest helium refining facility. It produces 1.3 billion cubic feet per annum (37,000,000 m3/a) of liquid helium. Together, these two plants now produce 25% of the world's helium, making Qatar the second largest world helium exporter, after the U.S.
- Helder Marinho (2009-10-07). "QatarGas, Exxon LNG Venture to Reach 100% This Month". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- "RasGas names its dates". Upstream Online (NHST Media Group). 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- Bruce Nichols (2009-02-11). "RasGas CEO sees later start for new LNG trains". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- "RasGas sets Train 7 in motion". Upstream Online (NHST Media Group). 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "RasGas getting Train 5 on track". Upstream Online (NHST Media Group). 2007-03-05. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- "Celebration time for RasGas". Gulf Times. 2009-10-27. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- "Qatar inaugurates new LNG production line". Mena Report (Al Bawaba). 2009-10-27. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- Robert Tuttle (2010-02-24). "Qatar's RasGas Starts Producing LNG From Train 7". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- Simon Webb; Regan Doherty (2010-02-24). "Qatar's RasGas starts LNG output from new facility". Reuters. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- Perumal, Santhosh V. (2009-02-19). "RasGas gets boost from two 'mega' projects". Gulf Times. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- "RasGas Helium Plant Achieves Production Capacity". Downstream Today. 2008-02-20. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Qatar's Helium 2 plant opening makes it world’s largest exporter". The Edge. 2013-12-15. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- Air Liquide and Linde in Helium Hunt as Texas Reserves Dry Up, Bloomberg, 2014