|Member of the European Parliament for Lithuania|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2019
|Member of the Seimas|
25 November 1996 – 2 July 2019
|President of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly|
24 March 2018 – 19 November 2018
|Preceded by||Paolo Alli|
|Succeeded by||Madeleine Moon|
|Vice President of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly|
21 November 2016 – 24 March 2018
|Minister of National Defence|
9 December 2008 – 13 December 2012
|Prime Minister||Andrius Kubilius|
|Preceded by||Juozas Olekas|
|Succeeded by||Juozas Olekas|
|Born||26 January 1958|
Tiltagaliai, Lithuanian SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Homeland Union|
|Spouse(s)||Rolandas Rastaustkas (divorced)|
Rasa Juknevičienė (born 26 January 1958) is a Lithuanian politician and paediatrician who has been serving as a Member of the European Parliament since 2019. She served as Minister of Defense of Lithuania since 2008 to 2012. She is a member of center right Homeland Union.
Early life and education
Juknevičienė is a graduate of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LSMU) and worked as a doctor until 1992.
Career in national politics
With interruptions, Juknevičienė was a member of the Lithuanian Parliament (Seimas) from 1996 until 2019. During her time in parliament, she held positions as Deputy Chair of the Committee on National Security and Defense; and Head of the Seimas Delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly.
Juknevičienė has been member of the Lithuanian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly since 1999. She was rapporteur of the Sub-Committee on NATO Partnerships from 2007 to 2008. She served as the Assembly's Vice-President from 2016 until 2018, when she became President.
Member of the European Parliament, 2019–present
Since the 2019 European Parliament election, Juknevičienė has been serving on the Parliament's Committee on Development. In addition to her committee assignments, she is part of the MEPs Against Cancer group.
- European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), Member
- Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA), Member of the Advisory Council (since 2014)
- Doreen Carvajal (December 28, 2010), French Deal to Sell Ships to Russians Is Criticized New York Times.
- Mikhail Klikushin (July 6, 2017), Ex-Lithuanian Defense Minister Under Fire for Racist Remarks in Washington The Observer.
- MAC MEPs in the 2019-24 legislature MEPs Against Cancer.
- Members European Council on Foreign Relations.
- Mąstanti globaliai, veikianti konkrečiai. Ona VOVERIENĖ. Retrieved 2009-10-11
| Member of the Seimas for Žaliakalnis
Gabrielius Landsbergis (Centras-Žaliakalnis)
|This article about a Lithuanian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|