Greene with the Florida State Seminoles in 2014
|No. 13 – Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Date of birth:||September 23, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Albany, Georgia|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Fort Lauderdale (FL) Aquinas|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 5 / Pick: 139|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Greene attended Westover Comprehensive High School from 2007 to 2009, where he played football and was a standout at wide receiver. Greene was a standout track & field athlete in sprints and relays at Westover. He recorded a personal-best time of 48.27 seconds in the 400 meters at the 2009 GA State 3A Class on his way to a third-place finish. At the 2009 Westover Relays, he took gold in the 400 meters, at 49.07 seconds, and placed fourth in the 200 meters with a time of 22.07 seconds. Greene also ran the third-leg on the 4 × 100 m relay squad, helping them capture the state championship at 41.60 seconds.
After his sophomore year, Greene transferred to St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. As a senior, Greene had 43 receptions for 943 yards (21.9 yards per catch) with 13 touchdowns. In the 2010 Class 5A State title game against Tampa's Plant High School, he recorded six receptions for 148 yards and two touchdowns, including a title-clinching 74-yard pass in the fourth quarter.
Greene enrolled at Florida State University in the fall of 2011. As a freshman in 2011, Greene made 38 receptions for 596 yards and seven touchdowns. He was the MVP of the 2011 Champs Sports Bowl in an 18-14 victory over Notre Dame. As a sophomore in 2012, he had 57 receptions for 741 yards and six touchdowns.
As a junior in 2013, Greene led the Seminoles with 76 receptions for 1,128 yards and nine touchdowns, including nine receptions for 147 yards in the 2014 BCS National Championship Game against Auburn. As a senior in 2014, Greene set the school record for career receptions and receiving yards, passing Ron Sellers in both categories. He also set the record for receptions in a season with 99. He also had 1,365 receiving yards and seven touchdowns in 2014. For his career, Greene had 270 receptions for 3,830 yards and 29 touchdowns.
|Ht||Wt||40‑yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20‑ss||3‑cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|5 ft 11 in
|4.53 s||1.63 s||2.67 s||4.12 s||6.88 s||36.5 in
|10 ft 2 in
|All values from NFL Combine and Pro Day|
Greene was drafted 139th overall in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars. On September 13, 2015, Greene scored his first NFL touchdown on a 1-yard reception against the Carolina Panthers. Later in the season, on December 13, 2015, Greene returned a punt 73 yards for a touchdown against the Indianapolis Colts.
In 2016, Greene appeared in eight games for the Jaguars and recorded five receptions for 32 yards, and lost one fumble. He also contributed 131 punt return yards before going down with an Achilles injury. He was placed on injured reserve on December 3, 2016.
On September 2, 2017 the Jaguars placed Greene on injured reserve. Because this transaction was made before the final 53-man roster cuts deadline, Greene will not be eligible to return to the Jaguars active roster during the 2017 season.
Greene has a son, Rashad Jr., born in 2014.
- "FSU suspends two players for one game; N.D. changes QBs". Albany Herald. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "2009 Results - GA State Boys 3A 2009-05-07 GA - DyeStat.com TFX - The Internet Home of High School Track, Field and Cross Country". Parser.dyestat.com. 2009-05-07. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "2009 Results - Westover Relays 2009-04-18 GA - DyeStat.com TFX - The Internet Home of High School Track, Field and Cross Country". Parser.dyestat.com. 2009-04-18. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- Rashad Greene - Yahoo Sports
- Florida State claims Champs Sports Bowl
- Notebook: Greene named Champs Sports Bowl MVP
- Often overlooked, Rashad Greene set to cap stellar career; Walkthrough
- Florida State's Greene leaves a lasting legacy
- "Rashad Greene Stats - Florida State - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 1992-09-23. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "Rashad Greene | Florida State, WR : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". Nfldraftscout.com. 2006-09-21. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "Jaguars pick FSU WR Rashad Greene in 5th round of NFL draft". WTOP. 2015-05-02. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- Lance Zierlein (2015-04-28). "Rashad Greene Draft Profile â€". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "Jaguars Rashad Greene 1-yard touchdown catch". Jaguars.com. 2015-09-13. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "Rookie Rashad Greene scores with punt return for Jaguars". jacksonville.com. 2015-12-13. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "Jaguars Place WR Rashad Greene On I.R. & Promote WR Shane Wynn". December 3, 2016.
- Oehser, John (September 2, 2017). "Jaguars reduce active roster to 53 players". Jaguars.com.