|Birth name||Rasheeda Buckner|
|Born||May 25, 1982 (age 33)|
|Genres||Hip hop, crunk|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, television personality, fashion designer, businesswoman, songwriter|
Rasheeda Buckner-Frost, better known by her stage name Rasheeda (often stylized RaSheeda), is an American rapper, fashion designer, television personality and businesswoman from Atlanta, Georgia. Rasheeda was a member of the teenage hip hop trio Da Kaperz until 2000 when she launched her solo career. Her fifth album, Certified Hot Chick, was released on August 18, 2009. She was also a part of the hip hop/R&B duo Peach Candy with R&B singer-songwriter Kandi Burruss.
- 1 Music career
- 2 Other ventures
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Awards/Nominations
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Rasheeda started her career as an adolescent. She and two of her friends formed the hip-hop girl group Da Kaperz and were signed with recording label D-Lo Entertainment, with whom she continues to work with. Just a year later, Rasheeda began her career as a solo artist.
2001-04: Dirty South & A Ghetto Dream
On March 27, 2001, she released her album Dirty South, through D-Lo & Motown Records. The album featured guest appearances from Pastor Troy, Thugz Nation, Nelly & Re-Re. The album achieved some notoriety, due to the success of her first single "Do It". Dirty South would place Rasheeda firmly in the southern hip-hop genre.
Rasheeda further refined her sound with her second album, 2002's A Ghetto Dream, an independent release under her label D-Lo after leaving Motown Records. A Ghetto Dream features faster rhythms, bolder beats, and assistance from Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boyz. In 2004, Rasheeda was featured on Petey Pablo's single "Vibrate" & Nivea's single "You Like It Like That".
2006: GA Peach
On April 25, 2006 Rasheeda released her third album, GA Peach. The album is known for Rasheeda paying homage to her southern hip-hop roots, and rapping more intimate lyrics combined with a slightly slower rhythm. Rasheeda was featured on Nivea's Complicated.
2007-09: Dat Type of Gurl & Certified Hot Chick
On June 19, 2007 Rasheeda released her fourth album, Dat Type of Gurl. The album gained much success due to the success of her first single from the album "Got That Good (My Bubble Gum)", originally featured on GA Peach. Rasheeda reprised some of her earlier works from GA Peach, and many of her old tracks were updated with remixes and samples. In 2007, Rasheeda was featured on Mims single "Like This". Also in 2007 Rasheeda & singer/writer/reality star Kandi Burruss created a group called Peach Candy, but the group would later disband due to both artist's busy schedules.
In the summer of 2009, D-Lo Entertainment partnered with independent record label Block Starz Music to release Rasheeda's debut mixtape Certified. On August 18, 2009 Rasheeda released her fifth album Certified Hot Chick. She later started releasing her Boss Bitch Music series mixtapes.
2012-present: Boss Chick Music
On June 18, 2012, she released her sixth album Boss Chick Music which was released through Google Play and her label D-Lo Entertainment, and promoted on the tenth season of Bad Girls Club: Atlanta and Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta. Her first single from the album was entitled "Marry Me" and her second single was "Legs To The Moon", both of which were followed by a music video. In 2013, during the second season of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, Rasheeda shot a music video for "Hit It From The Back".
2015 new album
In 2012, Rasheeda landed a spot along with her husband/manager Kirk Frost on VH1's Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta.
She now has her own make up line, Poiz Cosmetics, and an apparel and accessory website, Imbossy.com. She also has her own store called Pressed Boutique on Peachtree Road in Atlanta that opened on June 17th 2015. 
- Studio albums
- Dirty South (2001)
- A Ghetto Dream (2002)
- GA Peach (2006)
- Dat Type of Gurl (2007)
- Certified Hot Chick (2009)
- Boss Chick Music (2012)
- Dirty South II (2015)
|2012-present||Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta||Herself|
|2015||Love & Hip Hop Live: The Wedding||Herself|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rasheeda.|
- "Rasheeda Buckner Net Worth". TheRichest.com. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- Lien, A.T. (August 27, 2012). "Rasheeda Releases "Legs To The Moon" ft. Kandi Burruss [OFFICIAL VIDEO]". Straightfromthea.com. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Carter, Aleesha (July 9, 2009). "Atlanta's Boss Chick Rasheeda & Block Starz Music Drop New Official Mixtape "Certified"". Thisis50.com. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Fuller, James (July 27, 2009). "Rasheeda & Block Starz Released Official Mixtape". Globalgrind.com. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- "Rasheeda Unveils Tracklisting For Block Starz Mixtape "Certified", Lead Track "Boss Chick" Released". Blog.thehypemagazine.com. August 14, 2009. Archived from the original on April 26, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Ames, D.J. (July 28, 2009). "Rasheeda - Certified". DatPiff.com. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- "ImBossy.com - Home". Imbossy.com. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- "Rasheeda’s x Imbossy.com". Yourstylepal.com. March 25, 2013. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Barnett, Vanessa (August 22, 2013). "Rasheeda and Kirk Frost Welcome a Baby Boy!". HipHollywood.com. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Exton, Emily (August 21, 2013). "It’s Time Love And Hip Hop Atlanta Star Rasheeda Is In Labor". Blog.vh1.com. VH1. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Rasheeda at YouTube
- Rasheeda at the Internet Movie Database
- "RASHEEDA EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW". Champmagazineonline.com. Archived from the original on October 19, 2010. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- "Hello My Name is Rasheeda, And I’m a MC!". Daglamsquad.com. October 26, 2010. Archived from the original on July 28, 2012. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- Frank, Sam. "RASHEEDA- Interview". Rapindustry.com. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- Ferguson, Amber (May 23, 2012). "Rasheeda talks "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" & Being More than a Sex Symbol (exclusive)". Archived from the original on June 1, 2012. Retrieved May 25, 2012.