Rashtriya Lok Samta Party
|Lok Sabha leader||Upendra Kushwaha|
|Founded||3 March 2013|
|Alliance||National Democratic Alliance(2014-2018) United Progressive Alliance(2018-Present)|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
3 / 545(currently 518 members + 1 Speaker)
|Seats in Rajya Sabha|
0 / 245
|Seats in Bihar Legislative Assembly|
2 / 243
|Seats in Bihar Legislative Council|
1 / 75
On 23 February 2014, the RLSP entered into an alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party led National Democratic Alliance. As per the alliance, the RLSP contested three seats from Bihar for 2014 general election namely Sitamarhi, Karakat and Jahanabad.
The party won all three seats as it rode the Modi wave which swept the 2014 general elections. The party contested 23 out of 243 seats as a partner of BJP led NDA in 2015 Bihar Assembly election and won just 2 seats 
Recently, the party has been in the news for internal squabbles with two factions emerging - one led by Upendra Kushwaha and other led by former state president and Ex MP Bhudev chaudhary. . The party, though being a part of the National Democratic Alliance is also suspected of holding backdoor talks with the RJD for a pre-poll alliance ahead of the 2019 general elections..on 20 December 2018 RLSP entered into an alliance with the Indian National Congress led United Progressive Alliance.
- "Members: Lok Sabha". loksabha.nic.in. Lok Sabha Secretariat. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Gaikwad, Rahi (23 February 2014). "BJP to ally with OBC leader Upendra Kushwaha in Bihar". The Hindu.
- "RLSP set for split as rival factions face off". The Indian Express. 20 August 2016.
- "RLSP may ditch NDA to join hands with RJD before 2019 polls". The Economic Times. 17 October 2017.
- "Ex-JD(U) leader Upendra forms a new political party". IBN Live. 3 March 2013.