|Population||4,456 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Townsville|
Rasmussen is a suburb in the City of Townsville in Queensland, Australia. It is the second suburb on Riverway Drive and is between the suburbs of Condon and Kelso; like all the suburbs in the Upper Ross and Riverway area it is named after early settlers. It is a rapidly expanding suburb with many residential estates planned or under construction. In 2018 two developers have announced plans for major shopping centres.
Rasmussen is named after the Rasmussen family (Jorgen Rasmussen). The family had a dairy farm on the Ross River.
Rasmussen Neighbourhood Police Beat is located at 66 Meryl Street.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Rasmussen (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Rasmussen - suburb (entry 44631)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Subscribe to the Townsville Bulletin". www.townsvillebulletin.com.au. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- "Townsville Rasmussen". Edmund Rice Network Oceania. 26 May 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Rasmussen State School - Contact Us". 2002. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Rasmussen State School, in Rasmussen". Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Rasmussen Neighbourhood Police Beat". State of Queensland (Queensland Police Service). 4 August 2006. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Thuringowa past and present", by Diane Vance
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This North Queensland related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|