From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the village, see Rathor, Pakistan.
In the northern part of India, the Rathore (or Rathaur or Rathor or Rathur or Rathod or Rathour) is a ruling Rajput clan . Descendents from the mythical Indian Solar dynasty.They ruled for thousands of years.
- Gaj Singh, politician and a member of the former ruling family of Jodhpur
- Jaswant Singh of Marwar, 17th century ruler of Marwar.
- Maldeo Rathore, 16th century ruler of Marwar.
- Naubat Khan, Son in law of Miyan Tansen, Grandson of Maharaja Samokhan Singh of Kishangarh
- Jadu Nath Singh, fourth recipient of Param Vir Chakra
- Ulian, Eva. Rajput. WestBow Press. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Contributions to Indian Sociology". Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- Pal, Dharam (1978). Traditions of the Indian army (3rd ed.). National Book Trust, India. Cite: Naik Jadunath Singh, a Rathor Rajput, serving in 1/7 Rajput Regiment (now the 4th Battalion of the Brigade of Guards) won the Param Vir Chakra posthumously in the Jammu and Kashmir operations in 1948.