|Neighborhood in Asansol|
|Demonym(s)||Asansolians / Asansolites/ Asansolbashi|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 341 234|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Jamuria|
Ratibati is a neighborhood in Asansol. As per 2011 census it is a census town in Raniganj CD Block and is served by Asansol North police station in Asansol subdivision of Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.
Ratibati is located at.
Asansol is composed of undulating latterite soil. This area lies between two mighty rivers – the Damodar and the Ajay. They flow almost parallel to each other in the region – the average distance between the two rivers is around 30 km. For ages the area was heavily forested and infested with plunderers and marauders. The discovery of coal led to industrialisation of the area and most of the forests have been cleared.
As per 2011 Census of India Ratibati had a total population of 4,508 of which 2,348 (52%) were males and 2,160 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 542. The total number of literates in Ratibati was 2,827 (71.28% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Ratibati had a population of 4,370. Males constitute 55% of the population and females 45%. Ratibati has an average literacy rate of 56%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 67%, and female literacy is 44%. In Ratibati, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Collieries in the Satgram Area of Eastern Coalfields are: Kalidaspur, J.K.Nagar, Satgram, Ratibati, Chapui Khas, Mithapur, Nimcha, Jemehari, Pure Searsole, Tirath, Kuardih, Ardragram OCP and Seetaldasji OCP.
Ratibati has two primary schools.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (Bengali), Vol I, pp 14-15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, p 666
- "Coalmining impact on the Enviroment" (PDF). Chapter V: Table 5.2. shodganga.infibnet. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003