Rauðskinna (English: Red Skin), also known as The Book of Power, is a legendary book about black magic, alleged to have been buried with its author, the Bishop Gottskálk grimmi Nikulásson of Hólar. The subject of the book was to learn to master magic to such a degree as to control Satan. The book has been the subject of legend and folklore and desired by practitioners of galdr. One such legend is when the galdr master Loftur Þorsteinsson (Galdra-Loftur) tried to acquire it and allegedly lost his life because of it.  
- Klimczak, Natalia (2016-10-22). "Rauðskinna: The Famous Icelandic Book of Black Magic". Ancient Origins. Retrieved 2016-10-23.
- "Galdra-Loftur". snerpa.is. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- "Rauðskinna: The Famous Icelandic Book of Black Magic". Ancient Origins. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- "Leita". Timarit.is. Retrieved 2016-10-23.
- Antiquarisk Tidsskrift, udgivet af det kongelige Nordiske Oldskrift-Selskab. Books.google.se. 1864. p. 369. Retrieved 2016-10-23.
- Páll Eggert Ólason (1948) Íslenskar æviskrár (Hið íslenska bókmenntafélag)