|Born||19 December 1957|
|Died||24 November 2011 (aged 53)|
|Occupation||TV and film director-producer, TV writer, Painter Artist|
|Years active||1989 – 2011; (his death in a road accident)|
Early life and career
2003: Rauf Khalid released his debut film Laaj as (writer, director, producer and actor), although it reportedly did poorly at the box office. Laaj won 12 Bolan Awards, 14 Graduate Awards, 4 National Film Awards and the Lux Style Awards.
2008: Khalid made his third television serial (Mishaal), for which he served as writer, director and producer, which was telecast by National TV network PTV Home on Tuesday evenings in Pakistan.
- Rozgaar (a PTV show)
- Laag (1998) (a PTV show)
- Guest House (a PTV show)
- Angar Wadi (1995) (a PTV show)
- Mishaal (2008) (a PTV show)
Death and legacy
Rauf Khalid died on 24 November 2011, aged 53, in a traffic accident near Sheikhupura as he was coming to Islamabad from Lahore via the M-2 motorway. Among the survivors are his wife Rubina Khalid, two sons and a daughter. His funeral prayer was offered in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
In March 2012, an event was arranged by Lok Virsa of Pakistan to pay tribute to him which was attended by Minister for Communications Arbab Alamgir Khan, senators Saeeda Iqbal and Saifullah Bangash.
|Type of Award||Name of Award||Notes|
|The President of Pakistan award||Pride of Performance Award||1995|
|The Prime Minister of Pakistan award||The Kashmir Medal||For writing TV plays highlighting the plight of the Kashmiri people|
|Bolan Award||Best Director|
|Best Supporting Actor|
|Graduate Guild Award||Best Director|
|Best Supporting Actor|
|Best Original Script|
|National Pakistan Award||Best Director|
|Best Original Soundtrack||shared with Zille Huma|
|Lux Style Awards||Best Film||2004|
- News Desk (30 Marc 2012), "Reference: Remembering an artist" (Rauf Khalid) The Express Tribune (newspaper). Retrieved 2 January 2020
- Associated Press of Pakistan, Prominent writer, actor, Rauf Khalid dies in road accident Dawn (newspaper), Published 25 Nov 2011, Retrieved 2 January 2020
- "Television writer-director Abdul Rauf Khalid killed in car crash". The Express Tribune (newspaper). 24 November 2011. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- Prominent artist, director Rauf Khalid dies in accident The News International (newspaper), Published 25 November 2011, Retrieved 13 June 2020