|Traded as||NASDAQ: RAVN|
|Industry||Aerospace and defense
|Founded||February 11, 1956
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, US
|Daniel A. Rykhus, President & CEO
Steven Brazones, CFO
Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, VP & General Counsel
Raven Industries (NASDAQ: RAVN) is a U.S manufacturer of plastic, electronic, and "special apparel" products headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The company was established in 1956 to make commercial and recreational hot air balloons. After its establishment the company's product offerings expanded to include items such as large plastic storage containers for use in agriculture and ski pants. Today, Raven aims to solve great challenges by making polyethylene sheeting to help protect the environment, precision agriculture equipment to help feed a growing world population, and aerostats to provide situational awareness to help save lives. The U.S. military and other government agencies are among its clients, and it was launched by a group of General Mills employees including General Mills High Altitude Research division employee Ed Yost. Besides US Department of Defense Raven Industries has other big name customers such as Google.
- 'CEO Interview: Raven Industries,' Wall Street Transcript, October 24, 1994.Meyer, Harvey
- 'Underdog: A Military Contractor Spreads Its Wings,' Journal of Business Strategy, September 19, 1997.
- Palmer, Jay, 'Raven Industries Enjoys Ballooning Business,' Barron's, August 17, 1992, p. 14.
- 'Raven Industries,' Implement and Tractor, January 11, 1996.'Raven Industries Acquires Norcore Plastics, Tank & Technology,' Composite News, February 10, 1997.
- 'Raven Industries Outlook,' Dow Jones News Service, August 12, 1983.'Raven Industries Sees Net Up Strongly in 4th Quarter,' Dow Jones News Service, November 25, 1983.
- Slovak, Julianne, 'Raven Industries,' Fortune, May 21, 1990.
- 'Raven Aerostar News,' http://ravenaerostar.com/news.
- Official Raven Industries page
- Twitter feed
- Official webpage of Raven Applied Technology, a Division of Raven Industries
- Official webpage of Raven Aerostar, a Division of Raven Industries
- Official webpage of Raven Engineered Films, a Division of Raven Industries
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|