|Location||4800 North Ravenswood Avenue|
Chicago, Illinois 60640
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||CTA "L" Lines: CTA Buses|
Ravenswood is a railroad station on the North Side of Chicago serving Metra's Union Pacific/North Line. It is located at 4800 North Ravenswood Avenue, just south of West Lawrence Avenue. A previous Ravenswood station was located at Wilson Avenue, but was replaced with the station at the current location, opposite the Chicago and North Western Railway's Ravenswood Accounting Office & Carload Tracing Bureau, which were housed in a building at 4801 North Ravenswood Avenue. In Metra's zone-based fare system, Ravenswood is in zone B. Ravenswood station is near the eastern edge of the Chicago neighborhood also known as Ravenswood and the western edge of Uptown.
The station consists of two side platforms, and does not contain a ticket agent booth. Northbound trains stop on the west platform and southbound trains stop on the east platform. Many express trains skip Ravenswood during rush hours; however, all weekend passenger trains stop at the station. Trains go south to Ogilvie Transportation Center and as far north as Kenosha, Wisconsin. It is the busiest station on the UP/North Line and will be rebuilt starting in the fall of 2010 as part of a project that includes replacing 12 bridges along this line. The new station was expected to be completed by May 2014, but construction is still ongoing.
Bus and rail connections
- 81 Lawrence (Owl Service)
- "Metra breaks ground on new station in Ravenswood". Chicago Sun-Times. September 5, 2012. Retrieved July 23, 2014.[dead link]
- Unger, Rudolph (November 14, 1958). "Boost Affects 40,000 Daily". Chicago Tribune. p. 8. Retrieved September 13, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- Wronski, Richard (July 16, 2010). "Bridge rebuilding will mean changes for Metra commuters". Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original on July 19, 2010. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Patty Wetli (January 15, 2014). "Metra Aiming for May Opening of New Ravenswood Station". DNAInfo Chicago. Archived from the original on August 12, 2014. Retrieved July 23, 2014.
- Media related to Ravenswood (Metra) at Wikimedia Commons
- Metra - Ravenswood station
- Lawrence Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article related to a train station in Chicago is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|