|• Total||0.98 sq mi (2.54 km2)|
|• Land||0.88 sq mi (2.29 km2)|
|• Water||0.10 sq mi (0.26 km2)|
|Elevation||265 ft (81 m)|
|• Density||2,790/sq mi (1,077.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2584907|
Ravensworth is a census-designated place in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States. Its name reflects Ravensworth plantation, farmed since the 18th century and manor house which burned under mysterious circumstances on August 1, 1926. The Ravensworth Farm subdivision was developed in the early 1960s. The 2010 census lists the area's population as 2,466. It is part of the Washington metropolitan area.
Ravensworth is in eastern Fairfax County, bordered by the Capital Beltway to the northeast, Braddock Road to the north, Accotink Creek to the west, Lake Accotink to the south, and Flag Run to the southeast. Neighboring communities are Wakefield to the north, North Springfield to the east, and Kings Park to the south and west. Downtown Washington, D.C. is 14 miles (23 km) to the northeast. The CDP border follows Accotink Creek to the west, Braddock Road to the north, Interstate 495 to the east, and Flag Run to the southeast.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Ravensworth CDP has a total area of 0.98 square miles (2.54 km2), of which 0.88 square miles (2.29 km2) is land and 0.10 square miles (0.26 km2), or 10.02%, is water.
The Ravensworth Farm community has a neighborhood pool and a civic association, and is home to the notorious Golden Ravens. The Ravensworth Shopping Center has stores including 7-Eleven, The Swiss Bakery, Lotte Plaza Market (which replaced Safeway), and Jersey Mike's Subs. Ravensworth Elementary School is located in the middle of the neighborhood. It has a 7/10 rating on Great Schools.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Ravensworth CDP, Virginia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 14, 2016.[dead link]
- "TIGERweb". TIGER Web Viewer. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Great Schools Ravensworth". Great Schools. Retrieved June 27, 2017.
- "Home". Ensco. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
ENSCO Headquarters 5400 Port Royal Road Springfield, VA 22151- The postal address indicates "Springfield, Virginia" though the location lies outside of the Springfield census-designated place.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Ravensworth CDP, VA" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2020-12-04. - Compare to the physical location of the headquarters.
- "Home". Ravensworth Elementary School. Retrieved 2020-12-05.
5411 Nutting Dr Springfield, VA 22151- Check the location against the CDP map.