A. M. Ravi Krishna
2 March 1983
|Height||5 ft 4 in (163 cm)|
Ravi Krishna (born 2 March 1983) is an Indian actor who works in the Tamil and Telugu film industries. Son of producer A. M. Rathnam, he made his acting debut in Selvaraghavan's critically acclaimed 7G Rainbow Colony.
After his schooling, Ravi Krishna went to London where he pursued a BA degree in Multimedia. He completed his diploma in Interactive communication at Pentamedia, while also concentrating on his career in multimedia with non-linear film editing at Sam Media. He disclosed that he never intended to become an actor, but was "roped in" when he visited India for Easter.
Ravi Krishna's debut film 7G Rainbow Colony, directed by Selvaraghavan and produced by his father fetched him the South Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut of that year, amongst other minor awards. Before starting to shoot for the film, he took a one-month training in acting at the Film Institute in King's College London. Following that, he acted in S. A. Chandrasekhar's Sukran, sharing screen space with fellow actor Vijay, the Radha Mohan-directed family drama Ponniyin Selvan, and the action-masala flick Kedi, under his brother Jyothi Krishna's direction. The films, all produced by his father, received poor reviews and did not do good business at the box office. His first direct Telugu venture Brahmanandam Drama Company was also a box office bomb, with Ravi Krishna lamenting that the film failed to succeed due to poor budgeting and publicity. His next release was the bilingual Netru Indru Naalai / Ninna Nedu Repu and in 2009, he starred in Kadhalna Summa Illai, a remake of the Telugu film Gamyam. Aaranya Kaandam, termed as the first neo-noir film in Tamil cinema was his last film.
|2004||7G Rainbow Colony||Kadhir||Tamil||Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South|
|7G Brundavan Colony||Ravi||Telugu|
|2008||Brahmanandam Drama Company||Ravi||Telugu||Second Hero|
|Netru Indru Naalai||Vetri||Tamil|
|Ninna Nedu Repu||Vijay||Telugu|
|2009||Kadhalna Summa Illai||Vettivel||Tamil|
|2011||Aaranya Kaandam||Sappai||Tamil||Supporting Role|
- "Ravi Krishna interview – Telugu Cinema interview – Telugu film actor". Idlebrain.com. 3 October 2008. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Entertainment Chennai / Interview : Into his third, with hope and zeal". The Hindu. India. 12 August 2005. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "National : "Autograph" bags 3 Filmfare awards". The Hindu. India. 10 July 2005. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "List of Telugu films released in year 2004". Idlebrain.com. 30 December 2004. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Top Ten Telugu films of 2004". Sify.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "AM Ratnam – A chitchat about 7/G Brindavan Colony – Telugu Cinema". Idlebrain.com. 26 December 2004. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Transcript of the chat Ravi Krishna". Sify.com. 19 August 2005. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Movie Review:Ponniyin Selvan". Sify.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Actor Ravikrishna – Interview – Behindwoods.com – Tamil Movie Actor Interviews – Kaadhalna Summa Illa Aaranya Kandam Netru Indru Naalai". Behindwoods.com. 21 January 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2011.