Ravi Kumar (sport shooter)
1 January 1990|
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||71 kg (157 lb)|
|Club||Indian Air Force|
|Updated on 19 August 2018.|
Ravi Kumar (born 1 January 1990) is an Indian sport shooter. He won the bronze medal at the 2014 Asian Games at Incheon in the men's 10m air rifle team event, along with Abhinav Bindra and Sanjeev Rajput. At the 2018 Commonwealth Games, he won bronze medal in the men's 10 metre air rifle event.
In the year 2014, at Incheon, South Korea in the Asian games Men's 10 metre air rifle team category, Indian shooting team comprising Ravi won the team bronze medal.
In the year 2017, at the 61st National shooting championships at the National Games shooting range in Thiruvananthapuram, in the men’s 10m air rifle event, Ravi Kumar of Indian Air Force won the gold medal with a national record scoring 251.2 points, breaking his own record of 225.7 points set by him few months back. Arjun Babuta came second scoring 248.9 points and Sanjeev Rajput came third with a score of 228.0 points. Ravi was an active team member of Indian Air Force team who won the team gold medal scoring a total of 1868 points, while Haryana team with 1866 points got silver medal and Punjab team won the bronze medal scoring 1644 points.
In the year 2018, ISSF World Cup in Changwon, Korea, Ravi Kumar came fourth and narrowly missed out the bronze medal in men’s 10m air rifle event. He missed out the bronze medal by a mere of 0.2 points. He scored a total of 208.4 points. The final result tally, Ravi Kumar won his first shooting World Cup medal, a bronze medal in the men's 10m Air Rifle event with a score of 226.4.
On April 8 2018, at the Belmont Shooting Centre, 10m Air Rifle Men's Qualification, Ravi scored a total of 626.8 and came second position and qualified for the 10m Air Rifle Men's Finals. On the same day, again at the Belmont Shooting Centre, in the finals Ravi score a total of 224.1 points and came third to win the bronze medal for the country.
- "Asian Games: Abhinav Bindra & Team Win Bronze". NDTV. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Ravi Kumar sets national record in 10m air rifle". Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- "Ravi Kumar misses air rifle medal by a whisker at ISSF World Cup". www.indianshooting.com. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- "Ravi Kumar wins 10m air rifle bronze in shooting World Cup". Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- "Ravi KUMAR". www.results.gc2018.com. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- Sharma, Nitin; Judge, Shahid (20 August 2018). "Asian Games 2018: Shooters Apurvi Chandela, Ravi Kumar open India's medal tally, clinch mixed air rifle bronze". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 19 August 2018. Retrieved 19 August 2018.