Ravinder Singh (author)
4 February 1982 |
Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha, India
|Alma mater||Indian School of Business, Hyderabad|
|Notable works||I Too Had a Love Story|
Ravinder Singh (Punjabi: ਰਵਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ) (born 4 February 1982) is an Indian author. He has written five novels entitled "I Too Had a Love Story", "Can Love Happen Twice?", "Like it happened Yesterday","Your Dreams are Mine Now" and "This Love That Feels Right".
Ravinder Singh was born in a Sikh family in Burla ,Sambalpur, Odisha. He spent his childhood days in Burla Sambalpur City. He completed his schooling from Guru Nanak Public School, Sambalpur, Odisha. He received a Bachelor of Engineering in computer science engineering from Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College in Karnataka. Then he moved to Bhubaneshwar to work at Infosys Technologies for five years. He did his MBA from Indian School of Business in Hyderabad. He was working as a Sr. Program Manager at Microsoft when he decided to become a full-time author.
His girlfriend died in 2007 before they got formally engaged. He adapted his own story into a novel. The book I Too Had a Love Story was reviewed by N. R. Narayana Murthy, Chairman Emeritus of Infosys Technologies, who called it "Simple, honest and touching".Now married to Khusboo Chauhan  who was one of the readers of his first novel and was so deeply moved that she went to a Gurudwara to pray for him, without imagining that one day she would get married to him. That event occurred on September, 23, 2012.
Singh's first book is based on a real-life incident of his meeting a girl and his love life. After a six-month search, an editing team sent the manuscript to the publisher Shristi, who published the book. The book was unveiled at a press conference in Chandigarh by Anupam Mittal. He also launched the audio version of I Too Had a Love Story in mid-2011. I Too Had a Love Story is also published in Kannada language, entitled Nannadu Ondu prema kathe.
- I too had a love story
- Can love happen twice ?
- Love Stories That Touched My Heart
- Like it Happened Yesterday
- Your Dreams Are Mine Now
- Tell me a story
- This Love that feels Right
- "I Too Had A Love Story". The Telegraph. 8 January 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Debutante novelist already a heartthrob" (pdf). Vitastapublishing. March 2011. p. 5. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Yuppy by day, writer by night". The Telegraph. 21 March 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Love's labour not lost". The Tribune. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Review:Tender moments, touchingly told". The Tribune. 14 December 2008. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "A Story of Love and Loss". India Today. 24 April 2009. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Listen to Novel". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Audio Book of Love and Loss". The Indian Express. 7 March 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Book excerpt: Can love happen twice?". Rediff. 9 December 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "A writer's journey". The Tribune. 25 December 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "Ravinder Singh". Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Diverse talent at ISB class of 2012". The Hindu. 19 May 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "I too had a love story by Ravinder Singh". 25 December 2009. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Straight from the heart". New Indian express.
- "Author Ravinder Singh Biography, Books, Novels, Marriage, Wife, Children". Youth developers.