Ravindra Kumar Sinha (physicist)
This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (May 2017)
Prof. Ravindra Kumar Sinha
|Born||15 February 1960|
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur|
|Thesis||A Study of the Propagation Characteristics of Rectangular Core Optical Waveguides and Devices (1989)|
Prof. Ravindra Kumar Sinha (born 15 February 1960) was the director of the CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIR-CSIO) Sector-30C, Chandigarh-160 030, India & Professor - Applied Physics, Dean-Academic[UG] & Chief Coordinator: TIFAC-Center of Relevance and Excellence in Fiber Optics and Optical Communication, Mission REACH Program, Technology Vision-2020, Govt. of India Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering, University of Delhi) Bawana Road, Delhi-110042, India.
Prof. Sinha graduated with masters in physics (M.Sc Physics) from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur in 1984 and moved to Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi from where he secured a PhD in 1989-90. Topic of his PhD thesis is A Study of the Propagation Characteristics of Rectangular Core Optical Waveguides and Devices under the guidance of Prof Arun Kumar and Prof B.P. Pal in Optical wave guide group headed by Prof. Ajoy Ghatak during the period of 1984-1989.
He worked at Osaka University for foreign studies, Osaka and Kobe University in Japan as Japanese government scholar during the period October 1989 - March 1991. Further during April 1991 - December 1992 he has worked as Research Associate in Electrical Communication Engineering Department of Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
He joined as lecturer at Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani during January 1992 - September 1994.Thereafter he was Assistant Professor at Regional Engineering College, now known as National Institute of Technology (NIT) at Hamirpur (H.P.), India during October 17, 1994 - December 30, 1998. Then he joined as Assistant Professor at Delhi College of Engineering-DCE (Faculty of Technology, University of Delhi) during December 31, 1998 to October 17, 2002.
He was Dean (Industrial Research & Development) at DCE/DTU during August 7, 2008 to August 31, 2010 and Head of Department of Applied Physics Department and Dean (academic-UG) during January 2015 to June 2015 at Delhi Technological University.
He was a Chief Coordinator: TIFAC-Center of Relevance & Excellence (CORE) in Fiber Optics & Optical Communication at Delhi College of Engineering” under the program “Mission Reach”, Technology Vision 2020, Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council, Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India (www.tifaccore.dce.edu) since its inception in year 2004 to July 1, 2015.
Presently he is Director, CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO) Chandigarh since July 2, 2015 to till date. He has also served as Director, CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI), Pilani during November 6, 2015 to March 8, 2016 and Director CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH), Chandigarh since April 11, 2016 to January 22, 2017 as additional charge.
Dr. Sinha is a member of many boards and other organizations. Some of them are:
- Chairman, Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers-IETE (India)- Chandigarh Region, Chandigarh
- Member, Board of Governance of PEC University, Chandigarh
- Member, Research Council, LASTECH, DRDO, Delhi
- Member, Management Council, CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL), Delhi
- Member, Executive Board, High Power Fiber Laser Research Program of LASTECH/DRDO
- Member, Higher Educational Council, Union Territory Chandigarh
- Member, Board of Governance, Punjab State Council for Science and Technology
- Member, Board of Governance, Pushpa Gujral Science City, Jallundher
- Member, State Higher Education Council, Chandigarh
- Member, Management Council, CSIR-Central Electro-Chemical Research Institute, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu
- Member, Management Council of CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata
- Chief Coordinator, TePP (Technopreneur Promotion Program) Outreach cum Cluster Innovation Center at CSIO Chandigarh, DSIR, Govt. of India
- Principal Investigator/Co PI:- Bilateral Research Projects (i) Indo-Russia under DSTRMES program during 2014-2016 on Optical Nano Antenna (ii) Indo-Tunisia during 2013-2016 on Non-Linear Fiber Optics and (iii) Indo-Portugal on Carbon NanoTube during 2014-2016, through International Division, DST, Govt. of India.(iv) Indo-Russia under DST-RFBR program on Novel approaches to control EM waves during 2015-2017 (Awarded while working at DTU and are active as well)
- Principal Investigator/Co PI “Modeling and Simulation of High Power Fiber Lasers” Sponsored Project under Contract for Acquisition of Research Services from LASTEC Lab, DRDO, Govt. of India during 2015-2016. (Awarded while working at DTU)
- Chairman, Organization of Training Program on Management of Scientific Research for Value Creation, CSIR, Delhi, India
- Member, Skill Development Initiative, CSIR, Govt. of India
- Member, Publication Committee of IETE Journal of Research and IETE Technical Review Journal, IETE (India) Delhi since 2016
- Member, Skill Development Program and Indian Industry Conclave committee of IETE (India)
- Member, Technology Systems Development Board, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India with effect from December 2016 for a period of three years.
- Expert Member, Faculty of Science, University of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Member, Management Council, CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh
- Member, Governing Council, Center for Consultancy in Engineering, PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
- Member: CII National Committee on Higher Education
- Expert Member: National System Safety Regulatory Authority (Brainstorming Session)
Major Research Work
Successfully developed theory and experiments for characterization of telecom grade single mode optical fibers as well as elliptical core fibers for coherent optical communication from measurements of far field radiation patterns. This technique was extended for developing new methods for characterization of single mode integrated planar and rectangular core channel optical waveguides from far field measurements. This was followed by the development of coupled mode theory for design of 4x4 optical fiber and waveguide couplers and their applications in the design of optical homodyne receivers.
Development of analytical methods for dispersion compensation of light wave signals using differential time delay technique incorporating the effect of higher orders terms in propagation constant of modes in optical fiber for their application in higher rate of data transmission. Development of a scheme for bit delay correction for WDM based Optical Communication System. Multiple Access techniques in Optical Fiber Communication systems leading to development of 3-D Optical Code sequences. Optical CDMA and Optical Turbo Codes and their performance evaluation in terms of SNR, BER and ISI in optical communication systems are published by me as author/co-author of leading journals of repute.
Development of coupled mode theory for Electron Waveguide and their application in the design of high speed Quantum Size Devices based on electron wave propagation in multiple quantum well semiconductors at Nano-scale was proposed and nano-electronic devices (Electron Waveguide Couplers, Switches and Filters) were designed with enhanced transmission characteristics.
In addition to the above, most of his recent significant research contributions are:
Photonic Crystal based nanophotonic devices: Photonic crystals are periodic dielectric structures that have a band gap that forbids propagation of a certain frequency range of light. This property enables one to control light with amazing facility and produce effects that are impossible with conventional optics. Various new design of photonic crystal made of silicon on insulator (SOI) is proposed for design and development of photonic crystal based coupler, Y splitter, Dual band wavelength multiplexor and de-multiplexors. A new design of Super polarizer is also proposed and its degree of polarization and fabrication tolerance were also estimated. This was followed by the design of photonic crystal structure for slow light generation leading to formation of soliton at incredibly low power, design of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexor (DWDM) and de-multiplexore for telecom application.
Metamaterials and Negative refraction: A new structure of exhibiting negative refraction (called metamaterial) is designed, analyzed, fabricated and experimentally characterized. This was experimentally realized using V-shaped split ring resonator made up of two dimensional arrays of 50 nanometer thick gold on n-doped silicon substrate. It is shown that by changing the angular gap of V- shapped SRRs, it is possible to tune the electromagnetic parameters (such as dielectric permittivity, permeability and refractive index) and control the flow of light for design and development of metamaterial based optical switches and sensors at nano-scale.
In addition, left handed (metamaterials exhibiting negative refraction) metallo-dielectric photonic crystal exhibiting All Angle Negative Refraction for visible light is analyzed with detailed theoretical and numerical demonstration for the first time. On the same line another new design of left handed metamaterial structure is analyzed and proposed for generation of ultra violet light via second harmonic generation. Here, it is shown that negative index is achieved by excitation of Surface Plasmon Polariton waves operating in dispersion regime with anti parallel refracted wave vector and the Poynting vector.
Plasmonics & Plasmonic Bandgap Engineering: Surface Plasmon Polaritons (SPPs) are electromagnetic waves guided along metal dielectric interfaces resulting from the interaction of incident photon with that of collective electron oscillation in metals. SPPs have shorter wavelength than that of incident photons and hence provide strong spatial confinement with promising application in the design and development of sub nano-scale devices. A new concept of Plasmonic Band Gap engineering is highlighted and used for SPP propagation leading to formation of Plasmonic Waveguides. Several types of plasmonic waveguides exhibiting superior propagation characteristics were designed leading to proposal of a new design of Plasmonic Mach-Zhender Interferrometer (PMZI) sensor. It is shown that proposed PMZI has very high sensitivity of the order of 6000 nm/RIU, which has been effectively used for label free classification and detection of cancer cell.
Field Emission characteristics of Carbon Nanotube (CNT) & Nano-Bio Sensors: CNTs were grown using Inconel and silicon substrates and their field emission characteristics have been studied with a view of their promising applications for next generation high performance flat panel devices. Later field emission with ultralow turn on voltage (of the order 0.1 volt/µm) from metal decorated CNTs have been obtained. A single-step method for synthesis and deposition of gold nanostructures was developed for fabrication of a highly sensitive and selective cholesterol nano-biosensor. Using electrochemical synthesis and assembly of gold nanostructures high performance electrochemical biosensor is fabricated which can be utilized for healthcare diagnostic applications.
Photonic Crystal Fiber (PCF) & Supercontinuum generation: Prof. Sinha developed several analytical and numerical techniques for studying light wave propagation characteristics through specially designed photonic crystal fibers and developed experimental techniques for their characterization which have become topic of various text and reference books these days and very well cited by research community. Application specific photonic crystal fibers like large mode area PCF and Triangular core PCF were also designed. Very recently, a new design of PCF called Triangular Core Graded Index PCF were designed and analyzed for ultra broad band ( i.e. 2-15 µm, so far highest range !!) supercontinuum spectrum in mid infrared region.
- Administrator. "Director". csio.res.in.
- "Professor Sinha is CSIO Director". The Tribune (Chandigarh). 4 Jul 2015. Retrieved 2017-05-26.
- "Department of Applied Physics - Delhi Technological University". www.dtu.ac.in.
- "Department of Physics, IIT Delhi".
- "Governing Council - IETE" Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers.
- "Board Of Governors - PEC" PEC University of Technology.
- "Member, Management Council - NPL." National Physical Laboratory of India.
- "Member, Management Council - CSIR-CECRI" Central Electro Chemical Research Institute.
- Member, Management Council - CSIR-CGCRI" Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute
- Sinha, R. K.; Hosain, S. I. (1989). "Characterisation of Single-Mode Asymmetric Slab Waveguide from Far Field Intensity Pattern". Journal of Optical Communications. 10 (3): 105. Bibcode:1989JOC....10..105S. doi:10.1515/JOC.19188.8.131.52.
- Kumar, Arun; Sinha, R.K. (1987). "Characterisation of single-mode channel waveguides from far field measurements". Optics Communications. 63 (2): 89. Bibcode:1987OptCo..63...89K. doi:10.1016/0030-4018(87)90265-3.
- Sinha, R. K. (1996). "Coupling characteristics of 4 × 4 elliptical core optical waveguide couplers". Fiber and Integrated Optics. 15 (2): 125–133. doi:10.1080/01468039608202264.
- Kumar, A.; Varshney, R.K.; Sinha, R.K. (1989). "Scalar modes and coupling characteristics of eight-port waveguide couplers". Journal of Lightwave Technology. 7 (2): 293. Bibcode:1989JLwT....7..293K. doi:10.1109/50.17769.
- Sharma, Ajay K.; Sinha, R. K. "On differential time delay technique governing higher-order dispersion compensation". Optik. 111 (7): 310–14. INIST:1415611.
- Sharma, Ajay K; Sinha, R.K; Agarwala, R.A (1998). "Higher-Order Dispersion Compensation by Differential Time Delay". Optical Fiber Technology. 4 (1): 135. Bibcode:1998OptFT...4..135S. doi:10.1006/ofte.1997.0241.
- Sharma, Ajay K; Sinha, R K; Agarwala, R A (2015). "Wavelength Division Multiplexing Systems and Networks". IETE Technical Review. 15 (4): 235. doi:10.1080/02564602.1998.11416754.
- http://www.ece.nitk.ac.in/sites/default/files/internationalJournals.pdf[full citation needed]
- Kaler, R.S.; Sharma, Ajay K.; Sinha, R.K.; Kamal, T.S. (2002). "Power penalty analysis for realistic weight functions using differential time delay with higher-order dispersion". Optical Fiber Technology. 8 (3): 240. Bibcode:2002OptFT...8..240K. doi:10.1016/S1068-5200(02)00009-3.
- http://www.jmoe.org/index.php/jmoe/article/view/62[full citation needed]
- Chopra, Mukesh; Bhardwaj, Manish; Kulkarni, Muralidhar; De, Asok; Sinha, R. K. (2002). "Design of a Hybrid Fiber-Optic Network Using 3-D Optical Code Sequences". Fiber and Integrated Optics. 21 (4): 253. Bibcode:2002FiIO...21..253C. doi:10.1080/01468030290087660.
- Sinha, R.K.; Garg, Shalini; Deori, K. L. (2003). "Design of a Thin-Film-Based Optical Filter for Broadband Multichannel Communication Systems". Czechoslovak Journal of Physics. 53 (5): 417. Bibcode:2003CzJPh..53..417S. doi:10.1023/A:1024003117903.
- Garg, Shalini; Sinha, R K; Deori, K L (2003). "Design parameters of a tunable semiconductor multiple quantum well electron wave filter". Semiconductor Science and Technology. 18 (4): 292. Bibcode:2003SeScT..18..292G. doi:10.1088/0268-1242/18/4/316.
- Garg, Shalini; Sinha, R K; Deori, K L (2015). "Nanostructure Devices based on Electron Waveguides". IETE Technical Review. 19 (5): 269. doi:10.1080/02564602.2002.11417042.
- Rani, Preeti; Kalra, Yogita; Sinha, R. K. (2015). "Slow light enabled time and wavelength division demultiplexer in slotted photonic crystal waveguide". Journal of Nanophotonics. 9: 093063. Bibcode:2015JNano...9.3063R. doi:10.1117/1.JNP.9.093063.
- Rawal, Swati; Sinha, R. K.; de la Rue, Richard M. (2010). "Slow Light Propagation in Liquid-Crystal Infiltrated Silicon-On-Insulator Photonic Crystal Channel Waveguides". Journal of Lightwave Technology. 28 (17): 2560. Bibcode:2010JLwT...28.2560R. doi:10.1109/JLT.2010.2053915.
- Rawal, Swati; Sinha, R. K. (2010). "Low-Loss Slow Light Transmission in Photonic Crystal Waveguides Comprising of Liquid Crystal Infiltration". Journal of Electronic Science and Technology. 8 (1): 35–8. doi:10.3969/j.issn.1674-862X.2010.01.007.
- Rawal, Swati; Sinha, R.K. (2009). "Design, analysis and optimization of silicon-on-insulator photonic crystal dual band wavelength demultiplexer". Optics Communications. 282 (19): 3889. Bibcode:2009OptCo.282.3889R. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2009.06.046.
- Sinha, R. K.; Rawal, Swati (2008). "Modeling and design of 2D photonic crystal based Y type dual band wavelength demultiplexer". Optical and Quantum Electronics. 40 (9): 603. doi:10.1007/s11082-008-9248-z.
- Kalra, Yogita; Sinha, R. K. (2008). "Modelling and design of complete photonic band gaps in two-dimensional photonic crystals". Pramana. 70 (1): 153. Bibcode:2008Prama..70..153K. doi:10.1007/s12043-008-0013-4.
- Design of Optical Waveguide Polarizer using Photonic Bandgap[full citation needed][dead link]
- Kalra, Yogita; Sinha, R K (2006). "Photonic band gap engineering in 2D photonic crystals". Pramana. 67 (6): 1155. Bibcode:2006Prama..67.1155K. doi:10.1007/s12043-006-0030-0.
- Kalra, Yogita; Sinha, R. K. (2005). "Design of Ultra Compact Polarization Splitter Based on the Complete Photonic Band Gap". Optical and Quantum Electronics. 37 (9): 889. doi:10.1007/s11082-005-1122-7.
- Kishor, Kamal; Baitha, Monu Nath; Sinha, R.K. (2015). "Design and simulation of "I" shaped split ring resonator metamaterial at optical communication window around 1.55μm". Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 126 (23): 4708. Bibcode:2015Optik.126.4708K. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2015.08.086.
- Kishor, Kamal; Baitha, Monu Nath; Sinha, R. K.; Lahiri, Basudev (2014). "Tunable negative refractive index metamaterial from V-shaped SRR structure: Fabrication and characterization". Journal of the Optical Society of America B. 31 (7): 1410. Bibcode:2014JOSAB..31.1410K. doi:10.1364/JOSAB.31.001410.
- Shankhwar, Nishant; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar; Kalra, Yogita; Makarov, Sergey; Krasnok, Alexander; Belov, Pavel (2017). "High-quality laser cavity based on all-dielectric metasurfaces". Photonics and Nanostructures - Fundamentals and Applications. 24: 18–23. Bibcode:2017PhNan..24...18S. doi:10.1016/j.photonics.2017.02.003.
- Shankhwar, Nishant; Kalra, Yogita; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2017). "Split-nanotube-based negative index metamaterial for midinfrared wavelengths". Journal of Nanophotonics. 11 (2): 026014. Bibcode:2017JNano..11b6014S. doi:10.1117/1.JNP.11.026014.
- Rajput, M.; Sinha, R.K.; Rawal, S.; Varshney, S.K. (2011). "UV emission from left-handed material through second harmonic generation: Optical nanoantenna and imaging application". Micro & Nano Letters. 6 (8): 575. doi:10.1049/mnl.2011.0171.
- http://www.if.pwr.edu.pl/~optappl/pdf/2011/no1/optappl_4101p29.pdf[full citation needed]
- Rajput, Monika; Sinha, R.K. (2011). "Blue light emission and amplification in left-handed isotropic Metallo-Semiconductor Photonic Crystal". Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 122 (16): 1412. Bibcode:2011Optik.122.1412R. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2010.09.018.
- Rajput, M.; Sinha, R. K. (2009). "All-angle negative refraction for visible light from left-handed metallo-dielectric photonic crystal: Theoretical and numerical demonstration with nanophotonic device application". Applied Physics B. 98 (1): 99. Bibcode:2010ApPhB..98...99R. doi:10.1007/s00340-009-3685-7.
- Soni, Sanjeev; Sinha, Ravindra K. (2016). "Controlling Parameters for Plasmonic Photothermal Ablation of a Tumor". IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics. 22 (4): 1. doi:10.1109/JSTQE.2016.2514359.
- Minz, Rashmi A.; Pal, Sudipta S.; Sinha, R. K.; Mondal, Samir K. (2015). "Plasmonic Coating on Chemically Treated Optical Fiber Probe in the Presence of Evanescent Wave: A Novel Approach for Designing Sensitive Plasmonic Sensor". Plasmonics. 11 (2): 653. doi:10.1007/s11468-015-0098-9.
- Devi, Inder; Dalal, Reena; Kalra, Yogita; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2016). "Modeling and design of all-dielectric cylindrical nanoantennas". Journal of Nanophotonics. 10 (4): 046011. Bibcode:2016JNano..10d6011D. doi:10.1117/1.JNP.10.046011.
- Dillu, Venus; Sinha, R. K. (2013). "Surface Plasmon Polariton Band Gap-Enabled Plasmonic Mach–Zehnder Interferometer: Design, Analysis, and Application". Plasmonics. 9 (3): 527. doi:10.1007/s11468-013-9652-5.
- Shruti; Sinha, R. K.; Bhattacharyya, R. (2013). "Coupling and crosstalk characteristics of hybrid silicon plasmonic waveguides". Applied Physics B. 116 (1): 241. Bibcode:2014ApPhB.116..241S. doi:10.1007/s00340-013-5682-0.
- Shruti; Sinha, R. K.; Bhattacharyya, R. (2013). "Analysis and design of hybrid ARROW-B plasmonic waveguides". Journal of the Optical Society of America A. 30 (8): 1502–7. Bibcode:2013JOSAA..30.1502S. doi:10.1364/JOSAA.30.001502. PMID 24323207.
- Sinha, Ravindra Kumar; Srivastava, Triranjita; Bhattacharyya, Ragunath; Bhattacharyya, Ragunath (2013). "Propagation characteristics of coupled surface plasmon polaritons in PVDF slab waveguides at terahertz frequencies". Journal of Optics. 15 (3): 035001. Bibcode:2013JOpt...15c5001S. doi:10.1088/2040-8978/15/3/035001.
- Dillu, Venus; Shruti; Srivastava, Triranjita; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2013). "Propagation characteristics of silver nanorods based compact waveguides for plasmonic circuitry". Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures. 48: 75–79. Bibcode:2013PhyE...48...75D. doi:10.1016/j.physe.2012.11.025.
- Dillu, Venus; Sinha, R. K. (2013). "Enhanced Fano resonance in silver ellipsoidal plasmonic crystal cavity". Journal of Applied Physics. 114 (23): 234305–234305–7. Bibcode:2013JAP...114w4305D. doi:10.1063/1.4851775.
- Sridhar, S.; Ge, L.; Tiwary, C. S.; Hart, A. C.; Ozden, S.; Kalaga, K.; Lei, S.; Sridhar, S. V.; Sinha, R. K.; Harsh, H.; Kordas, K.; Ajayan, P. M.; Vajtai, R. (2014). "Enhanced Field Emission Properties from CNT Arrays Synthesized on Inconel Superalloy". ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 6 (3): 1986–91. doi:10.1021/am405026y. PMID 24417432.
- Sridhar, Srividya; Tiwary, Chandrasekhar; Vinod, Soumya; Taha-Tijerina, Jose Jaime; Sridhar, Srividvatha; Kalaga, Kaushik; Sirota, Benjamin; Hart, Amelia H. C.; Ozden, Sehmus; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar; Harsh; Vajtai, Robert; Choi, Wongbong; Kordás, Krisztián; Ajayan, Pulickel M. (2014). "Field Emission with Ultralow Turn on Voltage from Metal Decorated Carbon Nanotubes". ACS Nano. 8 (8): 7763–70. doi:10.1021/nn500921s. PMID 25054222.
- Sharma, Rachna; Ali, Md. Azahar; Selvi, N. Rajan; Singh, Vidya Nand; Sinha, Ravindra K.; Agrawal, Ved Varun (2014). "Electrochemically Assembled Gold Nanostructures Platform: Electrochemistry, Kinetic Analysis, and Biomedical Application". The Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 118 (12): 6261. doi:10.1021/jp411797u.
- Sharma, Rachna; Sinha, R. K.; Agrawal, Ved Varun (2014). "Electroactive Prussian Blue Encapsulated Iron Oxide Nanostructures for Mediator-Free Cholesterol Estimation". Electroanalysis. 26 (7): 1551. doi:10.1002/elan.201400050.
- Boruah, Jiten; Saini, Than Singh; Kalra, Yogita; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2016). "Temperature-dependent bending loss characteristics of W-type photonic crystal fibres: Design and analysis". Journal of Modern Optics. 64 (8): 855. Bibcode:2017JMOp...64..855B. doi:10.1080/09500340.2016.1262916.
- Yadav, Sandeep; Kumar, Ajeet; Saini, Than Singh; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2017). "SBS based slow-light generation in rectangular lattice graded-index photonic crystal fiber: Design and analysis". Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 132: 164–170. Bibcode:2017Optik.132..164Y. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2016.12.048.
- Sinha, Ravindra Kumar; Kumar, Ajeet; Saini, Than Singh (2016). "Analysis and Design of Single-Mode As2Se3-Chalcogenide Photonic Crystal Fiber for Generation of Slow Light with Tunable Features". IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics. 22 (2): 287. doi:10.1109/JSTQE.2015.2477781.
- Jamatia, Purniya; Saini, Than Singh; Kumar, Ajeet; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2016). "Design and analysis of a highly nonlinear composite photonic crystal fiber for supercontinuum generation: Visible to mid-infrared". Applied Optics. 55 (24): 6775–81. Bibcode:2016ApOpt..55.6775J. doi:10.1364/AO.55.006775. PMID 27557002.
- Tewari, Apurva; Kumar, Ajeet; Saini, Than Singh; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2016). "Design of As 2 Se 3 based chalcogenide ridge waveguide for generation of slow light". Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 127 (24): 11816. Bibcode:2016Optik.12711816T. doi:10.1016/j.ijleo.2016.09.106.
- Chaitanya, A. G. N.; Saini, Than Singh; Kumar, Ajeet; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2016). "Ultra broadband mid-IR supercontinuum generation in Ge_115As_24Se_645 based chalcogenide graded-index photonic crystal fiber: Design and analysis". Applied Optics. 55 (36): 10138–10145. Bibcode:2016ApOpt..5510138C. doi:10.1364/AO.55.010138. PMID 28059256.
- Saini, Than Singh; Kumar, Ajeet; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2015). "Design of Large-Mode-Area Microstructured Optical Fiber with Single-Mode Operation for High Power Fiber Lasers". Advanced Science Letters. 21 (8): 2539. doi:10.1166/asl.2015.6405.
- Saini, T.S.; Baili, A.; Kumar, A.; Cherif, R.; Zghal, M.; Sinha, R.K. (2015). "Design and analysis of equiangular spiral photonic crystal fiber for mid-infrared supercontinuum generation". Journal of Modern Optics. 62 (19): 1570. Bibcode:2015JMOp...62.1570S. doi:10.1080/09500340.2015.1051600.
- Cherif, Rim; Salem, Amine Ben; Saini, Than Singh; Kumar, Ajeet; Sinha, Ravindra K.; Zghal, Mourad (2015). "Design of small core tellurite photonic crystal fiber for slow-light-based application using stimulated Brillouin scattering". Optical Engineering. 54 (7): 075101. Bibcode:2015OptEn..54g5101C. doi:10.1117/1.OE.54.7.075101.
- Saini, Than Singh; Kumar, Ajeet; Sinha, Ravindra Kumar (2014). "Triangular-core large-mode-area photonic crystal fiber with low bending loss for high power applications". Applied Optics. 53 (31): 7246–51. Bibcode:2014ApOpt..53.7246S. doi:10.1364/AO.53.007246. PMID 25402884.
- Kishor, Kamal; Sinha, R.K.; Varshney, Anshu D. (2012). "Experimental verification of improved effective index method for endlessly single mode photonic crystal fiber". Optics and Lasers in Engineering. 50 (2): 182. Bibcode:2012OptLE..50..182K. doi:10.1016/j.optlaseng.2011.09.008.
- Dabas, Bhawana; Sinha, R.K. (2011). "Design of highly birefringent chalcogenide glass PCF: A simplest design". Optics Communications. 284 (5): 1186. Bibcode:2011OptCo.284.1186D. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2010.10.045.
- Kishor, Kamal; Sinha, R.K.; Varshney, Anshu D.; Singh, Jaspreet (2010). "Characterization of specially designed polarization maintaining photonic crystal fiber from far field radiation patterns". Optics Communications. 283 (24): 5007. Bibcode:2010OptCo.283.5007K. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2010.07.026.
- Dabas, Bhawana; Sinha, R.K. (2010). "Dispersion characteristic of hexagonal and square lattice chalcogenide As2Se3 glass photonic crystal fiber". Optics Communications. 283 (7): 1331. Bibcode:2010OptCo.283.1331D. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2009.11.091.
- https://www.osapublishing.org/jlt/abstract.cfm?uri=jlt-27-12-2062[full citation needed]
- http://www.ijmot.com/ijmot/uploaded/i4d910200831345pg6.pdf[full citation needed]
- Sinha, R. K.; Varshney, Shailendra K. (2003). "Dispersion properties of photonic crystal fibers". Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. 37 (2): 129. doi:10.1002/mop.10845.
- Propagation Characteristics of Photonic Crystal Fibers
- http://www.jmoe.org/index.php/jmoe/article/viewFile/67/59[full citation needed]