Raw Wind in Eden
|Raw Wind in Eden|
|Directed by||Richard Wilson|
|Produced by||William Alland|
|Written by||Richard Wilson|
|Screenplay by||Elizabeth Wilson|
|Music by||Hans J. Salter|
|Edited by||Russell F. Schoengarth|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Frustrated while having a fling with a married man, fashion model Laura is persuaded to fly in playboy Wally Drucker's private plane to a party aboard a yacht. The plane crashes near a small Mediterranean island, where a man named Moore, the native Urbano, and the latter's daughter, Costanza, seem to be the only people there.
Laura is unhurt but Wally's injuries are treated by Moore, a former World War II medic. Moore is vague about his past or why he is living in this solitary fashion. Laura's interest in him makes Drucker jealous and irritates Costanza, who is herself desired by an older man from a nearby island who wishes to marry her.
A beached yacht belonging to Moore is found. It turns out he was a wealthy man from North Carolina suspected of murdering his wife, who drunkenly fell from the boat and drowned. Moore gave his millions to charity and dropped out of sight. Moore must fight the other men for Laura, who then persuades him to sail back to America and begin a new life.
- Esther Williams as Laura
- Jeff Chandler as Mark Moore / Scott Moorehouse
- Rossana Podestà as Costanza Verno
- Carlos Thompson as Wally Drucker
- Rik Battaglia as Gavino
- Eduardo De Filippo as Urbano Verno
The film was originally known as The Islander.
- Raw Wind in Eden at TCMDB
- Looking at Hollywood: Colorful 'Islander' Role Goes to Jeff Chandler Hopper, Hedda. Chicago Daily Tribune (1923-1963) [Chicago, Ill] 02 May 1957: c6.
- UNIVERSAL CASTS TWO IN NEW FILM: Jane Powell, George Nader to Appear in 'Female Animal' --Actor Replaces Gavin By THOMAS M. PRYOR Special to The New York Times.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 17 May 1957: 19.
- FILM PACT SIGNED BY GREENE, ROUSE: They Will Work Separately and as Team in Exclusive Associated Artists Deal Of Local Origin By THOMAS M. PRYOR Special to The New York Times.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 03 June 1957: 30.
- OBSERVATIONS ON THE ITALIAN SCREEN SCENE: Between "Takes" Promising Talent Full Schedule Vanguard By ROBERT F. HAWKINSRobert F. Hawkins. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 04 Aug 1957: X5.
- TWO STUDIOS SUED OVER SCRIPT USE: Warners, Universal Charged With Story Appropriation-- Alland to Produce Alone Universal Producer Quits Special to The New York Times.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 20 July 1957: 9.