This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Rawhide" is a Western song written by Ned Washington (lyrics) and composed by Dimitri Tiomkin in 1958. It was originally recorded by Frankie Laine. The song was used as the theme to Rawhide, a western television series that ran on CBS from 1959 to 1966. Members of the Western Writers of America chose it as one of the Top 100 Western songs of all time.
In other media
- In The Blues Brothers, the band performs "Rawhide" in a local country bar.
- The song is played in a scene on Fievel Goes West, when the titular character is rolling through the desert inside a tumbleweed.
- In Shrek 2 the character Donkey (voiced by comedian and singer Eddie Murphy) was briefly heard singing the song, however the song wasn't included in the soundtrack.
- In Happy Feet 2 the elephant seals were heard singing with an Australian accent while marching to the iceberg was included in the soundtrack.
- 101 Strings Orchestra
- Big John Bates
- The Blues Brothers (on the soundtrack to their eponymous film)
- Johnny Cash
- Frank Chacksfield and his Orchestra; the first bars of this instrumental version were used in a news jingle by Radio Veronica in the 1970s
- Dezperadoz (The legend and the truth album, 2006)
- Greenbriar Boys
- Happy Feet Two
- Helgi Björnsson (Icelandic, as Ríðum, ríðum, ríðum)
- The Jackson 5
- Dead Kennedys
- Frankie Laine (performed again with Jimmy Carroll and his orchestra). This version was used in 2013 in an advertisement for Google Chrome.
- Litfiba (Pirata live album, 1989)
- The Men They Couldn't Hang
- The Meteors
- Liza Minnelli
- The New Zealand Railways Department used a cover of the song in a 1978 television advertisement for its freight services.
- Nassim (full name Nassim Ait-Kaci) recorded an instrumental version for the soundtrack of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.*Oingo Boingo
- Riders in the Sky
- Jan Rot translated the song in Dutch as "Yippieyayee" for the album An + Jan gaan landelijk, 2008
- Johnny Western
- Rawhide (TV series)
- Fedora Rawhide, a development tree of Fedora whose name was influenced by this song. 
- Western Writers of America (2010). "The Top 100 Western Songs". American Cowboy. Archived from the original on 10 August 2014.
- ufrp136 (2014-06-06), FRANK CHACKSFIELD - RAWHIDE, retrieved 2017-10-03
- Chacksfield, Frank (3 October 2017). "Audio: Veronica news jingle with Dragnet and Rawhide".
- "Ensiferum "One Man Army"".
- Video on YouTube
- "New Zealand Railways. Rollin', rollin', rollin', rail freight". Ngā Taonga Sound and Vision. Retrieved 8 April 2018..
- "Fedora Rawhide history". Retrieved 26 June 2016.