This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Rawhide" is a Western song written by Ned Washington (lyrics) and composed by Dimitri Tiomkin in 1958. It was originally recorded by Frankie Laine. The song was used as the theme to Rawhide, a western television series that ran on CBS from 1959 to 1966. Members of the Western Writers of America chose it as one of the Top 100 Western songs of all time.
In other media
- The song is played in a scene on Fievel Goes West, when the titular character is rolling through the desert inside a tumbleweed.
- In Shrek 2 the character Donkey (voiced by comedian and singer Eddie Murphy) was briefly heard singing the song, however the song wasn't included in the soundtrack.
- In Happy Feet 2 the elephant seals were heard singing with an Australian accent while marching to the iceberg was included in the soundtrack.
- In The Blues Brothers, the band performs Rawhide in a local country bar.
- Frankie Laine (performed again with Jimmy Carroll and his orchestra). This version was used in 2013 in an advertisement for Google Chrome.
- Liza Minnelli
- Link Wray
- Big John Bates
- Riders in the Sky
- The Ventures
- Dead Kennedys
- The Blues Brothers (on the soundtrack to their eponymous film)
- 101 Strings Orchestra
- Greenbriar Boys
- The Jackson 5
- The Meteors
- The Men They Couldn't Hang
- Dezperadoz (The legend and the truth album, 2006)
- Litfiba (Pirata live album, 1989)
- Oingo Boingo
- Jan Rot translated the song in Dutch as "Yippieyayee" for the album An + Jan gaan landelijk, 2008
- Johnny Western
- Happy Feet Two
- Johnny Cash
- The New Zealand Railways Department used a cover of the song in a 1978 television advertisement for its freight services.
- Nassim (full name Nassim Ait-Kaci) recorded an instrumental version for the soundtrack of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.
- Frank Chacksfield and his Orchestra; the first bars of this instrumental version were used in a news jingle by Radio Veronica in the 1970s
- Rawhide (TV series)
- Fedora Rawhide, a development tree of Fedora whose name was influenced by this song. 
- Western Writers of America (2010). "The Top 100 Western Songs". American Cowboy. Archived from the original on 10 August 2014.
- Video on YouTube
- "New Zealand Railways: "Rolling, rolling, rolling, rail freight" advertisement". The New Zealand Film Archive. Retrieved 1 April 2013..
- "Ensiferum "One Man Army"".
- ufrp136 (2014-06-06), FRANK CHACKSFIELD - RAWHIDE, retrieved 2017-10-03
- Chacksfield, Frank (3 October 2017). "Audio: Veronica news jingle with Dragnet and Rawhide". Archived from the original on 27 May 2015.
- "Fedora Rawhide history". Retrieved 26 June 2016.