Rawlins Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
Location in Jo Daviess County
Jo Daviess County's location in Illinois
|Established||July 12, 1887|
|• Supervisor||Dorothy Petitgout|
|• Total||11.73 sq mi (30.4 km2)|
|• Land||11.73 sq mi (30.4 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||850 ft (259 m)|
|• Density||38.8/sq mi (15.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61025, 61036|
|GNIS feature ID||0429620|
Rawlins Township is one of twenty-three townships in Jo Daviess County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 455 and it contained 189 housing units. It was formed as Grant Township from West Galena Township on July 12, 1887; its name changed to Rawlins Township on December 20, 1887.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 11.73 square miles (30.4 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Vinegar Hill Township (north)
- Council Hill Township (northeast)
- East Galena Township (southeast)
- West Galena Township (south)
- Menominee Township (west)
- Galena Unit School District 120
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Rawlins Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.