Armstrong in 2016
|No. 54 San Francisco 49ers|
|Date of birth:||March 5, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Sanford, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||238 lb (108 kg)|
|High school:||Sanford (FL) Seminole|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Aravious "Ray-Ray" Armstrong (born March 5, 1991) is an American football inside linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Miami from 2009 to July 2012. He was not selected in the 2013 NFL Draft but was signed as an undrafted free agent by the St. Louis Rams.
Armstrong attended Seminole High School in Sanford, Florida. He played both quarterback and safety. As a senior, he led Seminole to the 2008 FHSAA Class 6A state championship over Teddy Bridgewater's Miami Northwestern. During that year he threw for 1,400 yards and 14 touchdowns, rushed for 1,144 yards with 22 touchdowns and caught three passes for 29 yards and one touchdown as a QB. As a safety he had 70 tackles, two interceptions, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
As a freshman with the Miami Hurricanes in 2009, Armstrong played in 10 games, recording 14 tackles. As a sophomore in 2010, Armstrong took over as a starter and has 66 tackles, three interceptions and a touchdown in 11 games. On July 18, 2012, Armstrong was dismissed from the Hurricanes football team for being dishonest during an internal investigation.
On August 14, 2012, it was announced that Armstrong had transferred to Faulkner University and would play for the Faulkner Eagles, an NAIA team, during the 2012 season. However, Armstrong was declared ineligible on September 11, 2012 due to the circumstances of his dismissal from the Miami Hurricanes. NAIA rules prohibit any athlete "who has been permanently banned in a given sport at any four-year institution."
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 3 in||216 lb||4.69 s||1.62 s||2.75 s||4.24 s||7.20 s||34½ in||9 ft 8 in||18 reps||x|
|All values from Miami Pro Day|
St. Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers
On November 25, 2015, Armstrong was claimed off waivers by the San Francisco 49ers. On March 9, 2016, Armstrong signed a one-year contract extension with the 49ers. On September 20, 2016, he was placed on injured reserve with a pectoral injury.
On December 19, 2016, Armstrong signed a two-year contract extension with the 49ers through the 2018 season.
- Rivals Top 100 2009 Prospect Ranking
- ESPN.com stats
- Dinich, Heather. "Miami DB Armstrong dismissed from team". ESPN. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- Attorney: Ray-Ray Armstrong plans to file injunction for reinstatement with Miami Hurricanes - UM - MiamiHerald.com
- Karraker, Patrick. "St. Louis Rams Release LB Ray Ray Armstrong". FanSided. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Florio, Mike. "Raiders claim Ray-Ray Armstrong". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- Gutierrez, Paul. "49ers sign LB Ray-Ray Armstrong off waivers from Raiders". ESPN. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "49ers Sign LB Ray-Ray Armstrong to Extension". 49ers.com. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "49ers Place Ray-Ray Armstrong on IR, Promote LB Shayne Skov to Active Roster". 49ers.com.
- "49ers Sign LB Ray-Ray Armstrong to a Two-year Extension". 49ers.com. December 19, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ray-Ray Armstrong.|