||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ray Alder performing with Fates Warning
|Born||August 20, 1967|
|Origin||San Antonio, Texas |
|Genres||Progressive metal, power metal|
|Associated acts||Fates Warning, Engine, Redemption|
He also sang on Redemption's albums The Origins of Ruin, The Fullness of Time, Snowfall on Judgment Day, This Mortal Coil, and The Art of Loss, having produced their debut self-titled release in 2002.
On March 16, 2010, Fates Warning released a deluxe edition of their 1991 album, Parallels. This edition has been fully re-mastered and contains over three hours of music and live footage. Parallels was one of Fates Warning's most successful releases due to the commercial success of the singles Eye To Eye, Point Of View and We Only Say Goodbye. According to Metal Blade records (2010) Parallels has proven to be one of the most influential albums in the prog and metal genres, despite its hotly debated status among fans as a "commercial" sounding album. Commenting on the album, Ray Alder is quoted on the "Metal Blade Records Website". as follows, "I think it's one of the best albums we ever put out and I'm happy that fans have the chance to take a second look at this important record. The lineup, the songs and the cover art all came together to make a great package when originally recorded and the bonus DVD really adds a fresh perspective to the album."
With Fates Warning
- No Exit (1988, reissued and expanded 2007)
- Perfect Symmetry (1989, reissued and expanded 2008)
- Parallels (1991, reissued and expanded 2010)
- Inside Out (1994, reissued and expanded 2012)
- A Pleasant Shade of Gray (1997)
- Disconnected (2000)
- FWX (2004)
- Darkness in a Different Light (2013)
- Theories of Flight (2016)
- Redemption (2003) (only vocals of track: Desperation Part II)
- The Fullness of Time (2005)
- The Origins of Ruin (2007)
- Frozen in the Moment - Live in Atlanta (2009)
- Snowfall on Judgment Day (2009)
- This Mortal Coil (2011)
- The Art of Loss (2016)
As a guest
- "Ray Alder: "This is not the time for us to go quietly into the night…we're gonna make another record and see what happens"". The Art of Prog. 2009-08-30. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Interview: Ray Alder of Fates Warning (2006)". George Dionne. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Interview: Ray Alder, Monster Maker: REVIEW AND DISCUSSION ON HIS NEW BAND, ENGINE (1999)". sorcerystudios.com. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Interview: DREAM THEATER Drummer Launches Official 'Bootleg' Store - May 27, 2003 (2003)". legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Fates Warning (2010)". metalblade.com. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Various – Slave To The Power - The Iron Maiden Tribute". Discogs.com. Retrieved 24 July 2012.