|Full name||Raymond Ashby|
Ray Ashby is a professional rugby league footballer of the 1960s, playing at representative level for Great Britain, and at club level for Liverpool City, Wigan, and Blackpool Borough, as a Fullback, or Centre, i.e. number 1, or, 3 or 4.
Challenge Cup Final appearances
Ray Ashby played Fullback in Wigan's 20-16 victory over Hunslet in the 1965 Challenge Cup Final during the 1964–65 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 8 May 1965, in front of a crowd of 89,016.
Wigan's Ray Ashby, and Hunslet's Brian Gabbitas, jointly won the Lance Todd Trophy for man of the match in the 1965 Challenge Cup Final, it was the first time two players polled the same number of votes.
County Cup Final appearances
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1964-1965 Challenge Cup Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2016. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- "Lance Todd Trophy winners". BBC Sport. 26 August 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- Ledger, John (31 August 2007). "What a shoddy way to treat Challenge Cup final heroes". The Yorkshire Post. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- "1966-1967 Lancashire Cup Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.