Ray Young (executive)
Ray G. Young is the Chief Financial Officer of Archer Daniels Midland Company since January 2011. He is based in Chicago, Illinois. He was the vice president of GM International Operations, based in Shanghai, China, at General Motors. He was named to this position effective February 1, 2010.  Previously he served as GM Chief Financial Officer (CFO) since March 3, 2008 until CFO Chris Liddell moved into the position. 
Young had been at GM since the 1980s, moving up the ranks throughout his career having been the head of GM Brasil and Mercosur Region, CFO of General Motors North America, among other positions.
Young is of Chinese Canadian heritage.
Early years and education
Young was born in Port Elgin, Ontario to immigrant parents from Guangzhou, China. He studied at the University of Western Ontario and received his MBA at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Rise through GM
He began his career at GM as a financial analyst in 1986 and promoted in 1988 to GM's offices in New York City. Since then Young has held a number of positions within GM:
- Director of capital markets and foreign exchange (New York)
- Treasurer of GM Europe (Belgium)
- CFO for CAMI Automotive (Canada)
- GM Executive Liaison with Suzuki (Hamamatsu Japan)
- VP and CFO of GM North America (Detroit)
- President and Managing Director of GM do Brasil and Mercosur (São Paulo Brazil)
- CFO (Detroit)
- Vice President - International Operations (Shanghai China)
Young is married and lives in Forsyth Illinois and Chicago Illinois.
- "GM - Senior Leadership Group and Staff Officers". Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- "Chris Liddell Named GM Vice Chairman and CFO (2009-12-21)". Retrieved March 19, 2010.
|CFO General Motors
2008 – 2010
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|