|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Body||Rayachoti Municipality|
|• MP||P. V. Midhun Reddy|
|• MLA||Gadikota Srikanth Reddy|
|• Total||46.51 km2 (17.96 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Rayachoty is a town in Kadapa district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a municipality in Rayachoty mandal of Kadapa revenue division. It is one of the oldest town in Andhra Pradesh. Rayachoty is famous for thousand year old The Veerabhadra Swamy temple. Uniqueness of this temple is that Daksha Prajapati appears in worshiping form of the Lord Veerabhadra.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu. Rayachoti has an average literacy rate of 61.6%, male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 51%.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Revenue Divisions and Mandals". Official website of YSR Kadapa District. National Informatics Centre- Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of National Highways passing through A.P. State". Roads and Buildings Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.