Rayanapadu railway station
|Commuter, Inter-city and Regional rail station|
|Location||Rayanapadu, Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh|
|Owned by||Indian railways|
|Operated by||Indian railways|
|Tracks||6 Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground)|
|Classification||Non-Subruban Grade-3 (NSG-3)|
Rayanapadu railway station (station code:RYP), is an Indian Railway station in Rayanapadu and a satellite station of Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh. It is situated on Kazipet–Vijayawada section of New Delhi–Chennai main line and is administered by Vijayawada railway division of South Coast Railway zone. It is categorized as a Non-Subruban Grade-6 (NSG-6) station in the division. Trains connecting Hyderabad–Howrah halts at this station, thereby bypassing and reducing congestion on the main station of Vijayawada. There is also a proposal for a special bypass line to connect the station with Mustabada for freight trains.
In terms of earnings and outward passengers handled, Rayanapadu is categorized as a Non-Subruban Grade-6 (NSG-6) railway station. Based on the re–categorization of Indian Railway stations for the period of 2017–18 and 2022–23, an NSG–6 category station earns nearly ₹1 crore and handles close to 1 million passengers.
- Apr 20, Ujwal Bommakanti. "Vij commuters irked over Rayanapadu pocket pinch | Vijayawada News – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Distances in kilometers between stations on the Nuzvid – Navabpalem section" (PDF). Indian Railways. 12 September 2009. p. 44. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Train services to be partially affected for nine days". The Hindu. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "Stations – Category-wise (NEW)". South Central Railway. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- India, The Hans (20 January 2019). "Rayanapadu railway station to turn satellite from April". www.thehansindia.com. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Transformation of Rayanapadu into satellite rly station underway". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- India, The Hans (23 July 2017). "New rail track proposed between Rayanapadu and Mustabada". www.thehansindia.com. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Categorization of Railway Stations". Press Information Bureau. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|