From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The best in brakes
|Headquarters||McHenry, Illinois, USA|
|Parent||Brake Parts Inc|
From 1919 to 1989 Raybestos brand was manufactured by Raymark Industries, Inc, of Stratford, Connecticut.
Superfund site cleanup
- "The Raymark facility operated at (the Stratford) location from 1919 until 1989, manufacturing asbestos brake linings and other automotive asbestos products. The facility operated as a hazardous waste generator and land disposal facility. Raymark Industries, Inc. is a RCRA subtitle C regulated facility which is currently subject to bankruptcy proceedings."
- "Hazardous waste produced on site includes lead-asbestos dust, metals and solvents. From 1919 to July 1984, Raymark used a system of lagoons to capture waste lead and asbestos dust produced by its manufacturing process. Dredged materials from the lagoons were landfilled at numerous other locations in the town of Stratford, Connecticut."
- Connecticut Brakettes — women's fastpitch softball team founded in 1947 at Raybestos.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Raybestos.|
- "Raybestos - The Best in Brakes". Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "NPL Site Narrative for Raymark Industries, Inc." http://www.epa.gov/superfund/sites/npl/nar1408.htm