Rayleigh and Wickford (UK Parliament constituency)
|Rayleigh and Wickford|
for the House of Commons
|Electorate||76,089 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Hawkwell, Hockley, Rayleigh and Wickford|
|Member of Parliament||Mark Francois (Conservative Party)|
|Number of members||One|
The seat was created for the 2010 general election following a review of the Parliamentary representation of Essex by the Boundary Commission for England. It was formed from the majority of the abolished constituency of Rayleigh, together with the town of Wickford, previously in the abolished constituency of Billericay.
Francois was previously Member of Parliament for Rayleigh.
- The Borough of Basildon wards of Wickford Castledon, Wickford North, and Wickford Park
- The District of Rochford wards of Ashingdon and Canewdon, Downhall and Rawreth, Grange, Hawkwell North, Hawkwell South, Hawkwell West, Hockley Central, Hockley North, Hockley West, Hullbridge, Lodge, Rayleigh Central, Sweyne Park, Trinity, Wheatley and Whitehouse.
This small-town studded portion of rural Essex reaches out almost as far as the North Sea beside Rochford and has income levels on average slightly above the national average, low unemployment,  and little social housing.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrats||Ron Tindall||4,171||7.6||+4.8|
|Liberal Democrats||Ron Tindall||1,557||2.8||-0.2|
|Liberal Democrats||Mike Pitt||1,622||3.0||−12.1|
|Liberal Democrats||Susan Gaszczak||7,919||15.1||−0.3|
|Labour||Michael Le Surf||7,577||14.5||-12.0|
|English Democrat||John Hayter||2,219||4.2||New|
- * Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "The Parliamentary Constituencies (England) Order 2007". www.legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- "Local statistics - Office for National Statistics". www.ons.gov.uk.
- "2011 census interactive maps". Archived from the original on January 29, 2016.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "R" (part 1)
- "Rayleigh & Wickford Parliamentary constituency". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Campaign". UKIP Rayleigh and Wickford. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- Nizinskyj, Paul (10 March 2015). "Campaigner Linda wants to be an MP". Echo. Southend.
- "Candidates (PPCs) for Rayleigh and Wickford". Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Candidates". Eastern Green Party. Archived from the original on 11 March 2015. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "BBC News | Election 2010 | Constituency | Rayleigh & Wickford". news.bbc.co.uk.