|Alma mater||National University of Ireland|
|Known for||Neuroimaging research|
|Awards||2006 Golden Brain Award|
2017 Brain Prize (with Peter Dayan and Wolfram Schultz)
2019 Ferrier Medal and Lecture
|Institutions||University College London|
Raymond Joseph Dolan (born 21 January 1954) is an Irish neuroscientist and the Mary Kinross Professor of Neuropsychiatry at University College London, where he was also the founding director of the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging.
Honours and awards
In 2006 he was awarded the Golden Brain Award by the Minerva Foundation. In 2015 he presented the Paul B. Baltes Lecture at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities. He was one of three recipients of the 2017 Brain Prize, along with Peter Dayan and Wolfram Schultz.
He is a fellow of the Royal Society, the Academy of Medical Sciences, and the Association for Psychological Science. In 2016, he was ranked by Semantic Scholar as the second-most influential neuroscientist in the modern world, behind only his UCL colleague Karl Friston.
- UCL (2018-09-01). "Professor Ray Dolan announced as recipient of the NSI Distinguished Investigator Award". UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology (Press release). Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- "Biography of Ray Dolan". The Brain Prize. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- "Prof Ray Dolan". Institutional Research Information Service. University College London. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "About". Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging. University College London. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- "The 2017 Brain Prize awarded to Ray Dolan, Peter Dayan and Wolfram Schultz". Max Planck UCL Centre for Computational Psychiatry and Ageing Research (Press release). 2017-03-06. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- "Raymond Dolan". The Royal Society. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- Bohannon, John (2016-11-10). "A computer program just ranked the most influential brain scientists of the modern era". Science. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- "Ferrier Medal and Lecture winner 2019". Rotyal Society. Retrieved 5 October 2019.
- Group, British Medical Journal Publishing (2017-05-17). "Ray Dolan: Blues on the brain". BMJ. 357: j2279. doi:10.1136/bmj.j2279. ISSN 0959-8138. PMID 28515035.
|This article about a neuroscientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|