Froggatt (otherwise known as "Froggy") was born in Bordesley Green, Birmingham. He began performing rock and roll in the early 1960s before moving on to focus on Country and Western. His band, initially known as the Buccaneers, later Monopoly and ultimately The Raymond Froggatt Band with guitarist Hartley Cain (H Cain) , drummer Len Ablethorpe and whose bassist was Louis Clark of Electric Light Orchestra and Hooked on Classics fame, were signed by Polydor in 1964. However chart success eluded them, although the Dave Clark Five had a No. 7 hit in the UK Singles Chart with Froggatt's "The Red Balloon" in 1968. His own version of the song, under the title "Callow la Vita", reached No. 3 in the Netherlands. Another Froggatt song, "Big Ship", was a No. 8 UK hit for Cliff Richard in 1969.
In the 1970s the band was managed by Don Arden, hoping to break into the United States music scene, but the experience led to the collapse of the band. He later became an internationally recognised country music performer, releasing Here's to Everyone (1993) on his Red Balloon record label. Froggatt's autobiography, Raymond Who, followed in 1995.
- 1968 The Voice And Writings Of Raymond Froggatt
- 1972 Bleach
- 1974 Rogues And Thieves
- 1978 Southern Fried Frog
- 1979 Songs From A Minstral
- 1980 Stay With Me
- 1982 Sooner Or Later
- 1984 Why?
- 1988 Is It Rollin' Bob
- 1991 Here's To Everyone
- 1993 At The London Palladium
- 1995 Someday
- 1996 The Collection
- 1997 Moonshine
- 1980 Runaway
- 1998 Southern Fried Frog & Rogues And Thieves
- 1998 In Concert At The Birmingham Town Hall
- 1998 There Goes That Song Again
- 1999 Now And Then
- 2002 Milestones
- 2003 Cold As A Landlord's Heart
- 2003 Coast To Coast
- 2003 Shantytown
- 2004 The Voice And Writing Of Raymond Froggatt
- 2004 Songland 40
- 2004 Adaos
- 2004 Just One Night In Concert Symphony Hall Birmingham
- 2006 Dream Of You
- 2007 Songwriter
- 2007 The Lights Of Amsterdam
- 2010 Songs With Reasons
- 2010 Warm Days Summer Nights
- 2011 Blue And Gold
- 2011 America
- 2011 Fields Of Rock And Roll
- 2012 Movin' On
- 2013 Birmingham Rain
- 2014 Closer To You
- 2015 The Classic Collection Vol 2
- 2018 In Concert (Hunstanton & Birmingham)
- Brennan, Sandra. "Raymond Froggatt - Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- Larkin, Colin (1998) The Virgin Encyclopedia of Country Music, Virgin Books, ISBN 0-7535-0236-4, p. 159-160
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 109. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Dave Clark Five, The - The Red Balloon (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- "Raymond Froggatt - Callow-La-Vita (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 461. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Cliff Richard - She's Leaving You / Big Ship (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- (Official Website) http://raymondfroggatt.simpl.com
- H Cain https://www.shazam.com/gb/artist/44775935/hartley-cain
- Raymond Froggatt discography at Discogs
|This biographical article about a British singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|