Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "How Success Spoiled the Risorgimento," The Journal of Modern History Vol. 34, No. 3, September 1962
- Coauthored with Patrick J. Harrigan, "The Catholic Contribution to Universal Schooling in France, 1850-1906," The Journal of Modern History Vol. 57, No. 2, June 1985
- School, State and Society: The Growth of Elementary Schooling in Nineteenth-Century France A Quantitative Analysis, (The University of Michigan Press, 1991).
- Food and Global History (Boulder: Westview Press, 1999).
- "Culture and Society," in Italy in the Nineteenth Century, John A. Davis, ed. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000).
- The Construction of Minorities (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2001).
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|