|public company (BSE: 500330 NSE: RAYMOND)|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Sanjay Behl (CEO),Gautam Singhania, Chairman & Managing Director
|Revenue||$ 800 million|
|$ 797 million|
|$ 850 million|
|Total assets||$ 500 million|
|Total equity||$ 475 million|
Raymond Ltd (BSE: 500330|NSE: RAYMOND) is largest integrated manufacturer of worsted fabric in the world based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has over 60% market share in worsted suiting in India. It also the India’s biggest woollen fabrics maker. Textile division of the company has a distribution network of more than 4,000 multi-brand outlets and over 637 exclusive retail shops in the domestic market itself. Suitings are available in India in over 400 towns through 30,000 retailers and an exclusive chain is present in over 150 cities across India. Its products exports to over 55 countries including US, Canada, Europe, Japan and the Middle East. It has more than 20,000 design and colours of suiting fabric which makes it one of largest collection of designs and colours by single company. It was listed as India's most trusted apparel brand by The Brand Trust Report in 2015.
It was incorporated as the Raymond Woollen mill during the year 1925 near Thane Creek. Lala Kailashpat Singhania took over The Raymond Woollen Mill in the year 1944. In 1958, the first exclusive Raymond Retail showroom, King's Corner, was opened at Ballard Estate in Mumbai. In 1968, Raymond had set up a readymade garments plant at Thane. A new manufacturing facility was set up at Jalgaon(Maharashtra) during the year 1979 to meet the increasing demand for worsted woollen fabrics.
In November 2015 Raymond announced that Sanjay Behl would be taking over M Shivkumar as CFO.
- "Raymond Contact Us". Raymondindia.com. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- 18 Sep 2009 at 0008 hrs IST (18 September 2009). "Raymond board approves foray into real estate sector". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- "Raymond withdraws Notting Hill from metros". The Hindu Business Line. 15 October 2009. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- 19 Mar 2010 at 2330 hrs IST (19 March 2010). "Raymond buys finest Australian wool". Financial Express. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- "Raymond exits home retail business - Money - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 23 June 2010. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- NULL. "Raymond Ltd strengthens its national retail presence". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- "Raymond Worsted Suiting Fabric". Raymondindia.com. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- Chandramouli (2015). The Brand Trust Report India Study 2015. TRA. p. 96. ISBN 978-81-920823-8-7.
- "Raymond Ltd. Strengthens its National Retail Presence". Indiaprwire.com. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- "Raymond infuses Rs 61.68 cr cap in RLCL; appoints new CFO". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2015-12-02.
- Indian woollen fabric maker Raymond Ltd buys finest Australian wool
- Raymond launches Notting Hill
- Raymond eyes retail growth in non-metros