Raymond Radway (born July 5, 1987) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Abilene Christian.
Radway was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Dallas Cowboys after the 2011 NFL draft, because he had an excellent size/speed ratio. He was a pleasant surprise during training camp and had his roster spot assured, until September 1, 2011, when in the last preseason contest against the Miami Dolphins, he suffered a broken left fibula and tibia after leaping for a catch during the last 3 seconds of the game. He was then placed on the injured reserve list on September 3.
The injury slowed his development and was eventually waived on August 27, 2012, after he was passed on the depth chart by younger wide receivers Cole Beasley and Andre Holmes. On October 8, he was signed to the team's practice squad, but was cut on October 23.
On October 30, 2012, Radway was signed by the Chicago Bears to the practice squad. He was released on November 27.
St. Louis Rams
On December 11, 2012, Radway was signed to the St. Louis Rams' practice squad. He was waived on August 26, 2013.
Los Angeles Kiss
On November 1, 2013, Radway was assigned to the Los Angeles KISS of the Arena Football League. He was placed on reassignment on July 8, 2014, after recording 20 receptions for the KISS.
On January 21, 2014, he was signed by the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League. He was cut on May 8, 2015.
- ^ Reagan, Matthew (26 July 2011). "Abilene Christian churns out wins, NFL prospects". Fort Worth Star Telegram. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- ^ "Raymond Radway - #84 - WR". Pro Football Weekly. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- ^ "Radway". NFL Draftscout.com. 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- ^ http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4698942/cowboys-work-out-wide-receiver-raymond-radway
- ^ Archer, Todd (1 September 2011). "Raymond Radway suffers broken fibula, tibia". ESPN. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- ^ Galicia, Thomas (1 September 2011). "Cowboys vs. Dolphins: A Sad Update to Report on Raymond Radway". Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- ^ George, Brandon (4 September 2011). "Radway placed on injured reserve: 'I'm just glad they still have faith in me'". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- ^ Mayer, Larry (2012-10-30). "Urlacher confident Bears won't look past Titans". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- ^ Biggs, Brad (2012-09-25). "Bears look at help for backfield". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- ^ Horgan, Nate (August 26, 2013). "Monday Notes: Rams Return to Short Practice Week". StLouisrams.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.