Raymond de Roover
Raymond Adrien de Roover (1904–1972) was a noted economic historian of medieval Europe, whose scholarship explained why Scholastic economic thought is best understood as a precursor of, and wholly compatible with, Classical economic thought. In his day, many economists such as R.H. Tawney taught that Karl Marx was the last of, and culmination of, the Scholastic economists. De Roover taught at Harvard University, University of Chicago, Boston College, and Brooklyn College in The City University of New York, in addition to various European universities, and was also a Guggenheim Fellow in 1949.
- (1948). Money, Banking and Credit in Medieval Bruges. Cambridge: Mediaeval Academy of America. Routledge, 2000.
- (1948). The Medici Bank: its Organization, Management, Operations and Decline. New York University Press.
- (1949). Gresham on Foreign Exchange; an Essay on Early English Mercantilism. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- (1953). L'Évolution de la Lettre de Change: XIVe-XVIIIe Siècles. Paris: Armand Colin.
- (1958). "The Concept of the Just Price: Theory and Economic Policy", in: The Journal of Economic History 18 (4), 418-434.
- (1971). La Pensée Économique des Scolastiques: Doctrines et Méthodes. Montréal: Institut d'Études Médiévales.
- (1974). Business, Banking, and Economic Thought in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe. Selected Studies of Raymond de Roover. University of Chicago Press.
- Bruges, Cradle of Capitalism, 1280-1390. By James M. Murray. Reviewed by Kathryn Reyerson. Business History Review, Winter 2006, Volume 80, Issue 4 .
- David Herlihy (1972). "Raymond de Roover, Historian of Mercantile Capitalism", in: Journal of European Economic History 1, 755-762.
- David A. Martin, R. H. Tawney as Economist, Journal of Economic Issues, Vol. 16, No. 3 (Sep., 1982), pp. 829-853
- Journal of Markets & Morality Volume 10, Number 1 (Spring 2007): 1–3 Raymond de Roover’s Enduring Contribution to Economic History. 
- John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Archived 2011-02-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- Blomquist, T. W. (1975). "De Roover on Business, Banking, and Economic Thought", in: Journal of Economic History 35, 821-830.