Raymond van Schoor
|Full name||Raymond van Schoor|
23 May 1990|
|Died||20 November 2015
|Bowling style||Right-arm off break|
|Relations||M van Schoor (father)
D van Schoor (brother)
Source: ESPN Cricinfo, 21 November 2015
Raymond van Schoor (23 May 1990 – 20 November 2015) was a Namibian cricketer. He was a right-handed batsman and occasional wicketkeeper. He was Namibia's most capped cricketer, making over 200 appearances.
Van Schoor made his First Class and List A debut for Namibia in October 2007, aged seventeen. As an international, he represented Namibia in the ICC Intercontinental Cup, the World Cricket League, and the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier. He also played with the Namibian teams that participated in the CSA Provincial Competitions in South Africa and the Stanbic Bank 20 Series in Zimbabwe. He appeared five times for Namibia Under-19s in the 2008 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
Van Schoor captained Namibia 40 times was named Cricket Namibia's cricketer of the year in 2012. He also led the team at Under-15 international level.
He was the son of former Namibia international wicketkeeper Melt van Schoor.
Van Schoor collapsed while batting in a CSA Provincial 50 Over Challenge match against Free State at Wanderers Cricket Ground on 15 November 2015, and was admitted to hospital having suffered a stroke. He died on 20 November 2015 at the age of 25.
- "Raymond van Schoor | Namibia Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo". Content.cricinfo.com. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "The Home of CricketArchive". Cricketarchive.com. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "Raymond van Schoor: Namibia international dies, aged 25 - BBC Sport". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "Namibia's van Schoor in ICU after stroke | Cricket". ESPN Cricinfo. 2015-11-15. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "Raymond Van Schoor passes away aged 25". ICC Cricket. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Peter Della Penna. "Namibia's van Schoor dies after on-field stroke | Cricket". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
|This biographical article related to Namibian cricket is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|