June 19, 1972 |
Jamestown, North Carolina
|Other names||Ginger / Britney Noel / Britni Noel / Raveness / Ravenous / Raven / RayVeness / Rayvaness / Rayvenesse / Ray Veness|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
|Website||www.rayveness.com (web archive)|
|No. of adult films||430 (includes 64 compilations)
1 as director (per IAFD)
Rayveness started in the porn industry at age 18 and initially performed only with her then-husband (who went by the pseudonym of Red Bone) and other female stars. Her stage name is of Indian origin and means "of the spirit". In 1997, she divorced Red Boan and started working with other male performers. By 2000, she had remarried, this time to porn actor Tod Alexander, but they divorced by 2003.
In 2000, she took a break from the adult film business to pursue acting in the mainstream film industry. She dyed her hair red and wore brown contact lenses to minimize the chance of someone recognizing her. She appeared in a speaking role on NYPD Blue and was in Path to War as President Lyndon B. Johnson's eldest daughter, Lynda. She returned to the Adult industry in 2003 after the death of John Frankenheimer, who was her primary connection to the mainstream industry.
RayVeness took a second break from the pornographic film industry — from June 2006 to August 2007 — to have a child by in vitro fertilization.
In July 2009, she became the first contract star for the all-female studio Girlfriends Films, although the contract allowed her to continue boy-girl work elsewhere. She has since left Girlfriends Films.
In February 2011, she announced via Twitter that she had retired from the pornography industry. In July 2012, she was back performing in a scene for Reality Kings, but retired again in December.
In April 2017 she was a key role actress in the debut music video of the metal band MechaBull's song, Pig's Feast, expected to be a viral video.
In 2004, she filed a petition with Congressman Brad Sherman requesting that the age requirement for pornography performers be raised from 18 to 21, saying that "People right out of high school in this country don't seem to have the foresight to make such life-altering decisions."
Awards and nominations
- 2006 XRCO Award nominee – MILF of the year
- 2009 AVN Award nominee – Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene – Women Seeking Women 44
- 2009 AVN Award nominee – MILF/Cougar Performer of the Year
- 2010 AVN Award nominee – Best POV Sex Scene – Jerkoff Material 2
- 2010 XRCO Award nominee – Unsung Siren
- 2010 XRCO Award nominee – MILF of the Year
- 2011 AVN Award nominee – Best Supporting Actress – Couples Camp
- 2011 AVN Award nominee – MILF/Cougar Performer of the Year
- 2011 XRCO Hall of Fame
- 2015 AVN Hall of Fame
Rayveness grew up in the Quaker faith and married a year before she left high school. After she and her husband saw a show on amateur porn films on the Sally Jessy Raphael show, they proceeded to send one in.
- Dan Miller (2010-06-22). "AVN - RayVeness Celebrates 20 Years". AVN. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "My Bio". rayveness.com. Retrieved 2008-12-14.[dead link]
- Staff. "Rayvenes: Personal Biography". IAFD. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Profile: Rayveness". AVN. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- "RayVeness Returns to Porn". AVN. 2003-07-25. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- "Girlfriends Films Makes RayVeness First-Ever Contract Girl". AVN. 2009-07-22. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- Apache Warrior. "RayVeness interview". xcritic.com. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- https://twitter.com/RayVeness/status/32618121508429825[dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- Gretchen Gallen (2004-04-20). "RayVeness Petitions Congressman". xbiz.com. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- "XRCO Awards". XRCO. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
- "2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards Nominations" (PDF). AVN. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- "2010 Nominees". AVN. Archived from the original on October 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-26.
- "XRCO Announces 2010 Nominees". AVN. 2010-03-04. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- "Nominations for the 2011 AVN Awards" (PDF). AVN. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Peter Warren (2011-02-22). "XRCO Announces 2011 Nominations". AVN. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- AVN Staff (2014-12-24). "Class of 2015: Meet the AVN Hall of Fame Inductees". AVN. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- Don Kavanagh (2005-03-10). "Actress mixes porn and prayers". The Dominion Post. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rayveness.|