|Origin||Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S.|
The Re-Up Gang are an American hip hop group formed in 2004, in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The group was formed by Pusha T and Malice, brothers and members of Virginia-based hip hop duo Clipse, alongside Philadelphia-based rappers Ab-Liva and Sandman. The Re-Up Gang is perhaps best known for their signature We Got It 4 Cheap mixtape series.
The Re-Up Gang was created in early 2004, during Clipse's long hiatus between their first and second albums. The group includes Clipse themselves, as well as long-time friend Ab-Liva of Major Figgas. Pusha T is credited with founding the group, and was responsible for enlisting the help of mixtape DJ Clinton Sparks to put together their first mixtape in an ongoing series, We Got It 4 Cheap: Vol. 1. While a Re-Up Gang album is planned, no specifics have been released due to Clipse's legal issues with Jive Records. On August 5, 2008 (UK: September 8, 2008) the group released an album on Koch Records titled Clipse Presents: Re-Up Gang. The album featured nine new songs and three unreleased remixes from We Got It 4 Cheap Vol. III. Rapper Pusha T said:
"Everything happens for a reason. We put out the We Got It 4 Cheap series on our own for the streets and that helped keep us visible and build the Re-Up name as an entity ... This time, [our manager] Tony Draper got with [Koch General Manager] Alan Grunblatt to put together an official album with new music and let Koch Records do what they do best. This release gives us something fresh in the marketplace to reward Re-Up fans while we continue to work on the Clipse album."
According to an interview with HipHopDX the Sandman aka Sandcannnon stated the Re-Up Gang's album had been mishandled. Although there is no animosity between him and the remaining three members, he is now pursuing a solo career. Sandman and Liva still remain in close contact as they always have. All three members are on solo runs with No Malice releasing his solo titled album Hear Ye Him in August 2013 and with Pusha dropping his critically acclaimed My Name Is My Name album in October 2013. Pusha T is currently on Kanye's G.O.O.D Music with Ab-Liva still being by his side as a Re-Up Gang member while No Malice has been focused on his new life while making music with a new direction.
- 2004: We Got It 4 Cheap: Vol. 1: Introducing The Re-Up Gang
- 2005: We Got It 4 Cheap: Vol. 2: The Black Card Era
- 2008: We Got It 4 Cheap: Vol. 3: The Spirit of Competition
- 2008: The Saga Continues - The Official Mixtape - Remixed & Remastered
- Berrios, Martin A. (February 1, 2005). The Clipse: Times Up: Part 1. AllHipHop. Accessed May 12, 2008.
- Jayasuriya, Mehan (August 12, 2008). "Re-Up Gang: Clipse Presents: Re-Up Gang". PopMatters. Retrieved February 23, 2012.
- THEPREMIER (June 30, 2008). "The Clipse Partner With Koch Records For Re-Up Gang Album". Defsounds.com. Archived from the original on July 8, 2008. Retrieved February 23, 2012.