|Genres||Pop music, Boy band|
|Associated acts||Britain's Got Talent|
|Past members||Max Mondryk
ReConnected was a British vocal group that was formed from the boy band, Connected, which was a finalist in the fourth series of Britain's Got Talent in 2010. The group consisted of Harry Mondryk, Max Mondryk, and Matthew Fitzgerald.
2010-2014: Britain's Got Talent & Split
In 2010, Connected finished in eighth place for the fourth series of Britain's Got Talent. The group performed on the Britain's Got Talent Live Tour, across arenas all over the UK, covering songs such as "Never Forget" by Take That, "Everybody in Love" by JLS, and "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. Their last gig was on 18 July, at the Midlands Music Festival in Tamworth, which had an attendance figure of over 20,000.
On 30 July, Connected announced on Facebook that it had split with the Ryan twins, and was forming a new band. The Ryans were very disappointed and upset about the surprise notification. Connor Ryan commented in an interview with Manchester Evening News that "We were there the day before and they were our best friends. Nothing was wrong, we didn’t fall out and it was just very confusing...We found out on the internet, like most of the other fans. It was horrible." The Ryans went on to form Myles and Connor; the remaining three members signed with Cent Management and Freedom Management, the latter of which was from Connected's promoter, Kevin Newton. The new group was named ReConnected. Songwriter-producer Tim Woodcock has agreed to work on developing songs and music for the group.
ReConnected recorded six tracks which were first sung live in May 2011. These are called: "ReConnected", "Superhuman", "Seeing Stars", "December", "Wish You Were Here" and "Stranded". The group also released short acoustic versions of these songs,[when?] and held a launch show on 26 May at Sound Control in Manchester, United Kingdom (UK). The next launch show took place on 2 June due to the first launch selling out and very high demand, and was filmed for a documentary and music video. Further launch shows include venues in Nottingham, Newcastle upon Tyne, Birmingham, Bristol and Bournemouth. The group broadcast The ReConnected Radio Show weekly on UK Undiscovered, an Internet radio station. The premiere featured the band going ghost hunting.
On 19 September, the band announced it had signed to RKA Records, a label which was founded by Ryan Ashmore and his friend Liam Webb. The label is part owned by Duncan Bannatyne after RKA Records appeared on the BBC's Dragon's Den. ReConnected worked on a single, "One In A Million", and completed a demo. The single debuted on 13 February 2012 at Manchester Academy. While some of its members were attending high school, ReConnected continued to keep in touch with fans using social media. On 17 November 2012, they performed at the Preston Christmas Lights Switch-On, along with many more in the north.
On 6 January 2013, ReConnected announced that it is a supporting act for Little Mix on a 22-city tour starting 22 January. The group released "One in A Million" music video which features Duncan Bannatyne in a bit part. The single was released on 17 March, and has the Radio Edit and Harry's Dub Remix. An EP of the single featured two additional remix tracks: Hardino Remix and Steve C Remix. It debuted at number 32 on the UK Singles Chart. Duncan Bannatyne said that he was "over the moon by the midweek result". The group is recording its debut album with writer and producer Tim Woodcock. In July, ReConnected traveled to Ibiza to film the music video for their second single, "Time Of Our Lives", The video was released on 12 September, and the single on 20 October. It reached number 33 on the UK Charts, and number 3 on the UK Indie Single Chart.
On 31 January 2014, ReConnected posted a video message confirming the rumors that they have split up and are pursuing solo careers.
Harry Mondryk and Max Mondryk are from Whitefield. Harry had previously auditioned for Britain's Got Talent three times. He has also studied for a BTEC in music at Burnley College. Matt Fitzgerald is from Burnage in Manchester.
|2013||"One In a Million"||32||4||35|
|"Time of Our Lives||33||3||—|
- "Bannatyne Music Ltd.". Linkedin.com. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
Originally founded as RKA Records by Ryan Ashmore and Liam Webb. ... After signing 'Reconnected', finalist on Britain's Got Talent 2010 both the original founders left RKA to peruse other ventures ... It was decided to rebrand the label to Bannatyne Music Ltd.
- "Big chance for pop wannabes". This Is Lancashire. Newquest. 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- "'BGT' boyband Connected confirm split". Digital Spy. 2010-09-01. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- Stocks, Lisa (1 September 2010). "Our boyband dream ended on Facebook". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "ARTISTS". Cent Management. Cent Management. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- Simon Harding (2011-09-19). "West music promoter back to boost chart hopefuls". Blottr. Blottr Digital Limited. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Reconnected - RKA Records". RKA Records. 2011-08-23. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- McCann, Alex. "Buzzin 35 ReConnected". Designer Magazine. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- reconnectedband (2011-05-02). "Twitter / ReConnected Official" (Twitter). Retrieved 2012-09-17.
ReConnected Official / @reconnectedband / The ReConnected Radio Show repeated every night this week from 7pm!
- "UK Undiscovered". UK Undiscovered. Retrieved 2012-09-17.[dead link]
- UK Undiscovered. "The ReConnected Show - YouTube" (YouTube playlist). Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- UK Undiscovered (2012-07-04 (uploaded)). "ReConnected Ghost Hunting" (YouTube). Retrieved 2012-09-17. Check date values in:
- Tyler, Richard (2011-09-19). "Dragons' Den teenagers sell 79pc stake in RKA Records". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "ReConnected Official Website - News". reconnected-music.com. 2011-12-29. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Preston Christmas Lights Switch-On". Real Radio North West. United Kingdom. November 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-03.
- Wainwright, Giselle (9 January 2013). "OMG! Duncan Bannatyne is in a new music video?". Fabulous Magazine. UK.
- Ellwood, Pip (8 January 2013). "Reconnected To Support Little Mix". Entertainment Focus.
- "Little Mix, Belfast Waterfront, 24 February 2013". Aiken Promotions (Press release). Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "One In A Million | Reconnected". Reconnectedofficial.com. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "The Official UK Singles Chart Update - 20 March 2013". BBC Radio 1. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Duncan Bannatyne's boyband Reconnected enter midweek chart". digitalspy.com. Hearst Magazines UK. 19 March 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "The Boys". ReconnectedOfficial.com. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- ReconnectedMusic (12 September 2013). Reconnected - Time of Our Lives - OFFICIAL VIDEO (YouTube).
- "Official Singles Chart UK Top 100 - 2nd November 2013". Official Charts. 2 November 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- ReConnectedMusic (31 January 2014). Reconnected Announcement (YouTube).
- "Burnley Britain's Got Talent star Harry Mondryk celebrates top 40 hit". Lancashire Telegraph. 29 March 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Reconnected | Artist". Official Charts. 2013-03-30. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "2013 Top 40 Independent Singles Archive, 30th March 2013". Officialcharts.com. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "2013 Top 40 Scottish Singles Archive, 30th March 2013". Officialcharts.com. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- Brenan, Victoria (27 August 2012). "Boy Band gets ReConnected for two good causes". News and Star. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Gateshead hotel holds annual "Tilly" dance". The Evening Chronicle. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Stanley company holds fund-raising sports day". The Evening Chronicle. 18 September 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- Official website
- ReConnected Official on Twitter
- ReConnected Music on Facebook
- ReConnected Music's channel on YouTube
- McGowan, Pamela (14 August 2012). "ReConnected returns for Charity Gig". News and Star. Retrieved 14 August 2012.