This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||Nasdaq Copenhagen: GN|
|Anders Hedegaard (President and CEO), Per Wold-Olsen(Chairman)|
GN ReSound is a providers of hearing aids and diagnostic audiological instrumentation, represented in more than 80 countries. Headquartered in Ballerup, Denmark, GN ReSound is part of GN Store Nord. ReSound was founded by Dr. Rodney Perkins of Stanford University.
- iSolate Nanotech
- iSolate Nanotech technology adds a protective nano-scale polymer coating to hearing aids to protect them from moisture, humidity and perspiration that can affect the functionality of the device. iSolate nanotech works by coating all elements of the instrument with a thin protective layer that bonds at a molecular level with the internal and external components, shielding them without affecting their performance. Whenever moisture comes in contact with any element of the hearing aid, including internal electrical components, it simply beads up and rolls off without being absorbed.
- Remote Microphone
- The remote microphone design is engineered to use the natural shape of the ear to improve directivity, wind noise protection, and sound localization. Remote microphone hearing instruments help maintain natural and directional localization cues through microphone placement in the concha cymba area of the pinna. Because behind-the-ear (BTE) and some traditional custom hearing instruments have less-than-ideal microphone placement, distortions can occur if sound collection from the pinna is not utilized. Taking advantage of the pinna effect helps to preserve natural localization and directional cues.
- Kirkwood, David, ed. (July 2010). "Manufacturer News". The Hearing Journal. 63 (7): 43–44. doi:10.1097/01.HJ.0000386593.06377.20.
- Kirkwood, David, ed. (April 2010). "Manufacturer News". The Hearing Journal. 63 (4): 63–64. doi:10.1097/01.HJ.0000370865.52645.39.
- Van den Bogaert, T.; Carette, E.; Wouters, J. (2009). The effect of using a microphone behind-the-ear, in-the-ear or in-the-pinna on sound source localization by hearing aid users (Report).
- Official Website
- Rediscoversounds.com - Information about hearing loss
- Buyahearingaid.com ReSound Profile and Hearing Aids
|This Danish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|