|Directed by||John Herzfeld|
|Produced by||Rebekah Chaney
|Written by||John Herzfeld|
Seraphim Films Productions
|Distributed by||Millennium Entertainment|
Reach Me is a 2014 American drama film directed and written by John Herzfeld. The film stars, Sylvester Stallone, Kyra Sedgwick, Terry Crews, Thomas Jane, Kevin Connolly, Lauren Cohan, Kelsey Grammer, and Tom Berenger. The film was produced by Rebekah Chaney, Cassian Elwes, Buddy Patrick, John Herzfeld.
With an ensemble cast, this film tells interwoven stories from a diverse group of people who are united by one thing: a powerful book published by an unknown mysterious author. When the book's positive message goes viral, a journalist and his editor, a former inmate, a hip-hop mogul, an actor and an undercover cop are inspired to change their lives by facing their own fears.
- Sylvester Stallone as Gerald
- Kyra Sedgwick as Collette
- Thomas Jane as Wolfie
- Lauren Cohan as Kate
- Kelsey Grammer as Angelo AldoBrandini
- Kevin Connolly as Roger
- Tom Berenger as Teddy
- Nelly as E-Ruption
- Omari Hardwick as Dominic
- Terry Crews as Wilson
- Danny Trejo as Vic
- Danny Aiello as Father Paul
- Ryan Kwanten as Jack Burns
- David O'Hara as Thumper
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Eve
- Rebekah Chaney as Denise-Denise
- Chuck Zito as Joe
While shooting in 2013, funding for the film dried up when one of the investors backed out of production during principal photography. Herzfeld, Stallone and producers Rebekah Chaney and Cassian Elwes started a Kickstarter campaign to raise their goal of $250,000 by September 19. Despite reaching the $250,000 goal on Kickstarter, the production team decided to withdraw its Kickstarter campaign and start again with the competing crowdfunding platform Indiegogo, citing its broader and more flexible capabilities. The Indiegogo campaign set a goal for $50,000 starting on September 17 and ended on September 22 with a total of $181,140.
On July 7, 2014, the first official trailer for John Herzfeld's Reach Me was released.
As of February 4, 2015, the film holds a rare 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with the consensus "Featuring a bewildering array of talented actors pummeled by disjointed direction and a dull, hackneyed script, Reach Me is so fundamentally misbegotten that its title reads more like a threat."
- Cooper, Tracie. "Reach me". AllMovie. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- "Sylvester Stallone joins indie drama 'Reach Me'". Digital Spy. November 14, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Bryan Bishop (August 21, 2013). "Sylvester Stallone and director John Herzfeld turn to Kickstarter to finish 'Reach Me'". The Verge. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- John Herzfeld (August 20, 2013). "REACH ME THE MOVIE@KICKSTARTER". Kickstarter. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Jeff Sneider (September 18, 2013). "Sylvester Stallone Movie 'Reach Me' Boots Kickstarter for Indiegogo (Exclusive)". The Wrap. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- John Herzfeld (September 17, 2013). "REACH ME THE MOVIE AT INDIEGOGO". Indiegogo. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- Anderton, Ethan (July 7, 2014). "Sylvester Stallone Stars in 'Crash' Style Drama 'Reach Me' Trailer". firstshowing.net. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Reach Me - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved February 4, 2015.