Ready at Dawn
|Headquarters||Irvine, California, USA|
|Paul Sams (CEO)
Ru Weerasuriya (CCO)
Andrea Pessino (CTO)
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
The Order: 1886
Ready At Dawn Studios is an American video game developer located in Irvine, California and is composed of former members of Naughty Dog and Blizzard Entertainment. Formed in 2003, the company has primarily worked on games for the PlayStation Portable (PSP), most notably the Sony Computer Entertainment intellectual property God of War and Daxter.
Ready At Dawn was founded in 2003 in Irvine, California, United States by Ru Weerasuriya, Andrea Pessino, Didier Malenfant, and former members of the Sony Computer Entertainment subsidiary Naughty Dog. They released their first game, Daxter, in 2006. The company finished working on their second PSP game, God of War: Chains of Olympus as well as a Wii port of Ōkami, with added motion controls. In June 2008 it was confirmed that the company had ceased developing games for the PSP, and that they had returned the relevant development kits to Sony. However, reports claim that the developer received new development kits after returning. Their next game was God of War: Ghost of Sparta, collaboratively developed with Sony's Santa Monica Studio for the PSP, with their new proprietary engine. Ready At Dawn released the God of War: Origins Collection for the PlayStation 3 on September 13, 2011. This collection is a port of their two God of War games for the PSP, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta, to the PS3 with high-definition graphics, DualShock 3 support, Trophies, and Stereoscopic 3D, the first God of War release to support this feature.
Ready At Dawn licensed ProFX, a technology to procedurally generate texture files, reducing their size. In October 2009, Ready At Dawn began working on a new game engine. The Ready At Dawn Engine is said to be a wholly console-centric platform, integrated with a suite of third-party tools that require no additional license. These tools include 3D content editing, audio, user interface, and asset management systems. In July 2010, it was announced that Ready At Dawn had made thirteen employees redundant, citing difficulties in finding funding between projects behind the redundancies. In early 2012, the company began hiring for the development of a third-person action-adventure game for a "next generation home console game system." Ready At Dawn and Sony later revealed the game at E3 2013 as The Order: 1886. In June 2015, Ru Weerasuriya, the founder of the company, announced that his position as CEO will be replaced by Paul Sams and will step down to become the company's president and chief creative officer.
|Game title||North American release date||Platform||Metacritic score|
|Daxter||March 14, 2006||PlayStation Portable||85/100|
|God of War: Chains of Olympus||March 4, 2008||91/100|
|Ōkami||April 15, 2008||Wii||90/100|
|God of War: Ghost of Sparta||November 2, 2010||PlayStation Portable||86/100|
|God of War: Origins Collection||September 13, 2011||PlayStation 3||84/100|
|The Order: 1886||February 20, 2015||PlayStation 4||63/100|
|Deformers||2017||PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One|
|Lone Echo||2017||Oculus Rift|
- "Naughty Dog director lured to Ready At Dawn by new IP". joystiq.com. 2007-08-03. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "E3 2014: Game developer Ready at Dawn rolls the dice with 'The Order: 1886′". LATimes.com. 2014-06-10. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- Roper, Chris (March 13, 2007). "God of War for PSP Confirmed". IGN. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Bramwell, Tom (October 18, 2007). "Okami confirmed for Wii". Eurogamer. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Martin, Matt (June 10, 2008). "Ready at Dawn officially finished with PSP development". gamesindustry.biz. Eurogamer. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Remo, Chris (August 12, 2008). "Ready At Dawn Licenses Allegorithmic's ProFX". Gamasutra. UBM plc. Retrieved September 1, 2008.
- Crossley, Rob (October 12, 2008). "Ready At Dawn declares war with new engine". Develop. Intent Media. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Thorsen, Tor (July 14, 2010). "God of War PSP studio axes 13". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved July 14, 2010.
- Spencer (February 28, 2012). "Ready At Dawn Ramping Up For New Third Person Action/Adventure Game". Siliconera. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Kato, Matthew (June 8, 2015). "The Order: 1886 Developer Ready At Dawn Expanding In New Directions". Game Informer. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- "Daxter for PSP". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- "God of War: Chains of Olympus for PSP". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- "Okami for Wii". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- "God of War: Ghost of Sparta for PSP". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- God of War Origins Collection for PlayStation 3 Reviews - Metacritic
- The Order: 1886 for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic
- "Prepare for an Epic Battle!". Ready at Dawn. June 2, 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|