Ready for Freddie is an album by trumpeter Freddie Hubbard and was released on the Blue Note label in 1962 as BLP 4085 and BST 84085. In 2003, it was remastered and published on CD support. The two alternate takes didn't appear on the original LP. It features performances by Hubbard, Bernard McKinney, Wayne Shorter, McCoy Tyner, Art Davis and Elvin Jones.
The album was identified by Scott Yanow in his Allmusic essay "Hard Bop" as one of the 17 Essential Hard Bop Recordings.
- "Arietis" - 6:41
- "Weaver of Dreams" (Elliott, Young) - 6:35
- "Marie Antoinette" (Shorter) - 6:38
- "Birdlike" - 10:15
- "Crisis" - 11:33
- "Arietis" [alternate take] - 5:51
- "Marie Antoinette" [alternate take] (Shorter) - 6:15
- All compositions by Freddie Hubbard except as indicated